JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone measure the width of the flare at the wide point by the hood latch for me? Kind of as shown in this photo

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I was expecting more like 8-8.5. We added 2.5" of width to our narrow flare to get our new wider design and its still not that wide. Seems to cover our 35" tires tread blocks pretty well though.

If you go from the center of the hood latch out, without trying to fold down into that bevel, does it come in much less? Can you measure the same spot from underneat the flare starting at the body metal that it attaches to?

·
Registered
980 Posts
From the hood latch center straight out to bevel it is 10-3/4". This is from metal out.

The 'flat' portion of the flare is 9". Underneath as best I can measure with my high tech calibrated tape it is also 9" from the underside flat of the flare to the beginning of the bevel.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spill the beans Jason. What are you working on?
Just a wider version of our existing front flares, there's a thread about it in New Products.

We've basically just added 2.5" to the entire width of the flare, and I was just curious on some comparison.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts