JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am about to seal the deal on purchasing a 2015 JKU but the dealer is giving me the runaround about my trade-in and asking to swap my upgrades and modifications (understandable - that's a different topic for a different thread).

So, I'm going to try to return my current 2012 JKU to stock using my newly to-be purchased 2015 JKU stock parts. and sell to a private party However, my one reservation is the Fender Flares - flat style from Bushwacker. I really want to bring them forward with me but I have no idea how to do this. Supposedly they caused headaches for the service department at my previous dealer (which I negotiated into the purchase), and it's well beyond my skill level. I can wrench on and off some rock rails and front and rear bumpers but that's about it.

Is there somebody in the Tampa, St. Petes, Bradenton, Port Charlotte area who feels confident with un/installing and installing OEM flares and Bushwacker fender flares? I'll gladly throw $100 bucks your way, or possible more or less if you think this is not enough or too much. Also, I'd come to you or you could come to me - I'm in Bradenton FL right off I-75. Please let me know quick as I have a couple potential offers hinging on this one element. They want me to pay labor fees (which again I can see being fair), but I don't want a proposed 2-3 hour install turning into a "unexpectedly, it took two guys 11 hours to figure these things out" nightmare of a hangup between me and the dealer after the fact. So, I'd rather remove this potential.

Thoughts or advice here on how to move forward?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the flat Bushwacker flares. They weren't to hard to install...and taking them off should be even easier. If anything taking off the oem fenders was a pain.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you can wrench off rock rails, you can swap bushwacker flares.

There are literally like 8 phillips head screws that hold the fender to the body mounts and the body mounts are nothing more than a few 10mm (?) bolts. The most difficult part of the swap is going to be NOT breaking the body clips on the stock fender flares to transfer to your old rig.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Seriously? It took 2 guys 11 hours to put flares on? WTF! Lol I hope they didn't charge you an hourly rate... Like the 2 gentlemen above me said they're not hard at all take the bushwackers off first so you have a better understanding of how to reinstall the oem's and save the clips! You're going to find out it's a piece of stake!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts