JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
How exactly, I'm curious? Also you might consider contacting shops who do hemi conversions, they may be able to get you a used trans on the cheap. Goodluck

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How exactly, I'm curious? Also you might consider contacting shops who do hemi conversions, they may be able to get you a used trans on the cheap. Goodluck
Thats exactly my plan.
They said they couldn't tell what happened exactly, too much carnage.
Apparently 4th gear was destroyed and the pieces of that pretty much screwed the rest of the trans.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well ordered one from Elite Auto (who Burnsville sells theirs too)
Spoke to Dan at burnsville he said these guys are legit and they sell them cheaper than they could.

So i got one with 6 miles.
I also needed a new clutch and the one from Elite has the clutch with it with 6 miles on it.
Score

Looks like my total is going to be about 1000 in labor and 825 for the trans.

Should have bitten the bullet and just bought the new trans to begin with. They charged me 300 to tear down the old one to tell me its trash :pissed:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Well ordered one from Elite Auto (who Burnsville sells theirs too)
Spoke to Dan at burnsville he said these guys are legit and they sell them cheaper than they could.

So i got one with 6 miles.
I also needed a new clutch and the one from Elite has the clutch with it with 6 miles on it.
Score

Looks like my total is going to be about 1000 in labor and 825 for the trans.

Should have bitten the bullet and just bought the new trans to begin with. They charged me 300 to tear down the old one to tell me its trash :pissed:
NICE! $825 with the clutch? cant beat that....even without you cant beat that. When will it be at the dealer?

$1000 in labor is a DAMN RIPOFF!!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah you really cant beat it those guys are GREAT!

And yeah i got bent over at the dealer.
The thing is the guys there are really cool. They are actually helping me out.
Their manager said they have to charge 16 hours for the work, but they are only going to bill me for twelve.

Still pisses me off though. No way in hell it takes 12 hours to drop one trans and put in another.

Oh and Elite has 5 or 6 in stock at that price.
I got the one with the lowest miles, i think they have one with 123 on it if anyone needs one.

And Tim 2 business days shipping from MN to SC is DAMN FINE in my opinion.
I should be up and going saturday if they can get it done, but more likely monday.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts