JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 bb from rough country and aquired some 4" spring so what all will I need to change it over , allready has shock extensions, sway ext., and brake ext, so what else will i need and can i run this on my shocks for a while till I buy new?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You want to run the springs + the spacers?

Did you old bb have shock ext or new ones? You need to know the ext and collapsed measurements to see if they will work.

Longer sway bar links most likely, some more bump stop? trac bars, and maybe driveshafts

·
Registered
447 Posts
What brand of springs? Depending on the brand of spring, you will only get about 3-3.5 inches of lift. So, you shouldn't need driveshafts. I will definitely suggest picking up some new shocks. You can probably get by with the extensions that you have, but start upgrading them as soon as you can. Also, definitely get a trackbar. You can probably get by for a while, but you don't want to ride on these stocker units for to long.

·
Registered
447 Posts
the rough country springs will probably yield about 3-3.5 inches. I would suggest a good adJ tradkbar so you can keep it if you upgrade the suspension anymore. I have 2.5 rough country springs and a teraflex leveling kit which gives me 3 inches, and I can tell I need a trackbar. You can run with the stocker for a little, but you will want to get one when you can. Also, upgrade your steering stabilizer if run anything bigger than a 33 in tirw. Bumpstops would be a good idea so your tires don't end up in your jeep.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Is this a joke? I'm assuming you're still running your stock control arms. Do you have any idea how much you'll shorten you wheel base by doing this? You will trash you front driveshaft for sure very quickly due to a flat, possibly negative pinion angle. I run a properly setup 3.5" lift and it only took 7 months to destroy the CV boot on my front driveshaft (wheeled frequently.) Second, it will possibly be the worst handling JK's ever thought of. Flat pinion, out of track, it would be sketchy to drive to say the least.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
You're asking for headaches and you will need quite a few parts to make it work right. Bump stops would be at the very end of that list behind track bars, control arms, and possibly brake lines because your extensions might not offer enough slack.

You can try it but be prepared for a not so pleasant driving experience and to go back into the wallet to correct it.

I would just save your money and buy a new lift with the correct components needed to sit at 4" over stock.

Marcus

·
Registered
447 Posts
Man, I completely forgot about brake lines. You definitely need those! Other than that, it depends on how you use your Jeep. My jk doesn,'t see much of road, I have yj for that. The only problem. I have with mine is it needs a new steering stabilizer for the thirty-fives. Other than that, it has great on road manners. Obviously man, it depends on use and budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.