JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just sold my hardtop to get the off road hero's cargo top. and my tax return should be coming soon :bounce:

anyway, i need help deciding on corner armor and flares. i've basically narrowed it down to these two options:

gen right front aluminum flares and rear corner guards with welded on flares

OR

gen right front flares and rear weld on flares with river raider corners

difference in cost is about 300... so which would you choose and why??

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesn't the PSC brace just tie the little tab into the fender more? i'm sure i could fab something like that up.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugh...they just go into the tub? dont hit anything with them then. :shaking:

Have you looked at any other flares, pref ones that add structure to the mounting? The rears are fine with the corners....the fronts look like they just mount up to the tub which is bad news if you smack anything.
any opinions on the rear corner options?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok... still back and worth between river raider and gen right corner armor.

I like the clean and smooth look of the RR corner but the gen rights come all welded up already and are cheaper as well..

something else i need opinion on is paint color, i'm between a flat black paint or color matched white. thoughts???

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
AEV has corners

PSC's are pretty damn sweet...and you'd be sure and not take out your tail lights with them... Gen Rights' you might hit those..And River Raider doesn't follow the contour of the JK as well..I think they have a filler piece...Maybe someones got a close up pic of the top and bottom of the end of them. They are nice though...and tough Plus River Raider will sell you everything separately, would be a little cheaper I would think.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm thinking gen right corners with the 4" clear lens LED that PSC sells

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
go with flat black...needs contrast from the "all one color" look! plus, if you scrape it, you can always go back and rattle can it! :beer: :D
you think? i like the flat black idea but i feel like it might be a little played out. if i were to color match, id just do the spray can from the dealership and do a flat black trim on the outside tube. i'm also planning on doing tailgate armor from warrior products and donno if i want to do that flat black or white either...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I like the tube idea, as it adds some contrast.

you think? i like the flat black idea but i feel like it might be a little played out. if i were to color match, id just do the spray can from the dealership and do a flat black trim on the outside tube. i'm also planning on doing tailgate armor from warrior products and donno if i want to do that flat black or white either...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just found this......

i could get it in either 12 gauge black steel or polished aluminum... now i have more color options.. :shaking:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it took a little longer to save up the money than i had anticipated.... but i'm just about ready to pull the trigger on

Gen Right:

front tube fenders alum
rear corner armor alum
rear bumper alum

PSC:

rocker guards alum
evap skid
LED's

Vision X:

tantrum rock lights
solo solstice for back up light

Warrior:

tail gate plates alum

Swag Off Road:

drop down tail gate conversion

anyone see any issues with these all playing together nicely? or just have any thought/opinions on it? let me know! its a lot of money for me and i don't want to waste it :grinpimp:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so bad news..... gen right isn't producing the corner guards yet and has no plans to do so in the immediate future... so i'm semi screwed. the main reason for getting the corner guards was to cover the hinge area. i'd go with PSC no question except that they have provisions for the hinge and i'm not sure if its worth the trouble of getting a local shop to refinish that area.

any thoughts or suggestions on what to do now??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts