JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cannot figure out what to do next.

i have a 3.5" rock krawler midarm, rear bumper/carrier, hacked front bumper, rubi rails and a poly performance DIY rock rails.

i am thinking of

a) smittybilt xrc8 winch with synth line on stock hacked bumper

b) shrockworks front bumper with winch hoop

c) Solid diff covers, off road evolution LCA skids w/rear shock relocate, ORE axle gussets + welding labor

i am leaning towards a or c - but cannot decide...

·
Registered
419 Posts
front bumper. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to buy a winch with no way to mount it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

i have a 3.5" rock krawler midarm, rear bumper/carrier, hacked front bumper, rubi rails and a poly performance DIY rock rails.

i am thinking of

c) Solid diff covers, off road evolution LCA skids w/rear shock relocate, ORE axle gussets + welding labor

How about one of these...?

Baja Basket

Also, here is a link to our front winch mount.

·
Registered
783 Posts
How about D) Beer...lots and lots of beer!:D:beer:

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you play on any rocks or logs at all, go for skids, evap can relocator, and/or diff covers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we do play on rocks... skids was another option. evap relocate is gonna get done soon. i wont be on rocks till june so i have some time

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Got you covered on this one bud, just send it to me, yep, right here, hereeeeee ya go...will go right into my non-existing back bumper fund :smokin:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got you covered on this one bud, just send it to me, yep, right here, hereeeeee ya go...will go right into my non-existing back bumper fund :smokin:
that rack is hot, but too much $$$ right now. also i like a stubby front like the rugged ridge. i go offroading with guys that have winches, so i am thinking skids and gussets first. i will decide this weekend

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
DO NOT bother with the XRC-8 winch. Piece of junk and blew up on me. I bought the superwinch 9000 EPi and I will never go back to a Smittybuilt as you cannot compare the quality difference. Spend the 599 for the good winch and when you need it most it will get the job done and not FAIL.

Other option would be a few skids.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you arent going to be in the rocks for a while, like you say, then you might be able to push off the winch/bumper. Still, I think option C is best... You cant do that stuff soon enough, as one freak mistake can really ruin a day/weel/month!

Another cool new product is Rock Krawler's knuckle over drag link. You dont need to ream the TRE, just drill and put in a tapered spacer. Couple this with their track bar, and axle side track bar bracket the DEF reinforces a weak spot and its a pretty good purchase. I talked to them at Moab and they should be ready to ship in a week or two... Whatever you decide, I would go with function instead of flash...

·
Registered
419 Posts
DO NOT bother with the XRC-8 winch. Piece of junk and blew up on me. I bought the superwinch 9000 EPi and I will never go back to a Smittybuilt as you cannot compare the quality difference. Spend the 599 for the good winch and when you need it most it will get the job done and not FAIL.

Other option would be a few skids.
Agreed. My superwinch 9000 never let me down. Will grab one once the stinger is done.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i too am leaning towards functionality over flash... otherwise i'd have ordered the raingler nets! i love the way those look.

i may get the RR bumper and option C....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

i am thinking of

How about.......
d) Skid Plates.

Trust me, you NEED them a lot more than anything else on your list.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what is the most important skidplate to get... i can only afford the transmission OR both the oil pan and transfercase.

i am pulling the trigger on the ORE rockstar skids tomorrow and possibly the front axle gussets.

i also just realized that poy performance doesn't discount the full skid kit vs buying it seperate, so i don't feel so bad about not buying it all at once...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts