JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the market for a Jeep for a few months. I found a few used ones that have caught my eye but the prices seem high on everything I look at. Maybe I'm just not used to the high residual value that Jeeps have.

The vehicle I want to trade is a top of the line 2010 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X with 11k miles. It is the offroad model with a locking rear differential and all the bells and whistles. Power everything, Nav, bluetooth, etc. MSRP was close to 30k and I owe 14k on it. I keep getting offered 18-19k for it which is low to me. I have it advertised on Craigslist for 22,900 and I think selling it outright is my best bet but if I could find a dealer willing to deal a trade could work. No one wants to come down on the prices of the Jeeps though.

Help me out and give your opinions on the Jeeps listed, and what you think they should really be worth. Am I crazy or are the dealerships nuts for not wanting to negotiate on prices?

First up: 2007 on 35's with dual tops, only 18k miles listed for 19,888. Dealer offered 500 off price plus 18k for my truck. Ouch. They also told me the Jeep was valued at 25k!

Autotrader link

I also looked at this yellow 2009 on 33's with 32k miles. It has ugly wheels in my opinion and this dealer has had it for 7 months! It's been a year since anyone owned it. I thought for sure they would play ball. They had it advertised for 17,900 but then told me they had 19k in it now it is relisted for 19k.

Autotrader link

I called about this Sunburst orange 2009 with 26k miles for 18,900. No go on a trade for my truck. Same lowball offer and would not lower the price on the jeep.

Autotrader link

·
Registered
96 Posts
None of the ones listed... atleast look for a Rubicon in that price range... Dont be in a hurry, there are better deals out there.. just have to wait for it...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Man I'd go buy Ranchos 2dr for sale. Can't get close to that price building one!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of the ones listed... atleast look for a Rubicon in that price range... Dont be in a hurry, there are better deals out there.. just have to wait for it...
Maybe it's where I live...I have yet to see a Rubicon in this price range except one I saw with 100k miles for 17. Most I see are 25k+

Edit: I've also been scouring autotrader looking for jeeps since before thanksgiving. I did recently see a private party Jeep that was around the same mileage/year that was listed for 15,900. It was gone quick though.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice find! Where are you located? If I expand my autotrader search I can find all kinds of good deals, with prices that seem reasonable, but they are all 700-2000 miles away from me. Jeeps must bring a premium price in Florida. Ive seen lots of used ones here in the 21+ price bracket and if I'm going to spend that much I'm buying a 2012

1 - 8 of 8 Posts