JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2012 Rubicon. I am putting a 6" Long arm and 36-37's on it. I am also changing the gears. That is where the question comes I want to beable to dd wheel well. I was thinking 5:13 or 5:38 for the tire size for power. Its a Manual tranny. Going to be wheeling in mostly snow of Northern Idaho, Montana and going to Moab in July.

·
Registered
687 Posts
For 37's, find a nice 3-4" lift and do flat fenders. When you go over 4" you have to add a lot more parts to keep it road worth. It will loose it's DD status quickly.

I had 37's and a manual with 5.13's. It was the perfect combo. The 5.13s and current 39.5's are workable, but not as enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
2or 4 door? 6 inch is a lot of lift. We run a Polly 5.5 in la on a. 2 door and the castor/pinion angle on the front is tight. Probably be the same on a 4 door. You could do a 4 inch and run 37s with stock fenders no problem. Don't forget to add new driveshafts to the list.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Jeep

Here ya go 4.5 lift with 37's and 6 speed with 5.13's. I love it the only thing is if you plan on wanting to drive over 70 go 488 I'm at 2600 rpm at 70 mph and it will suck the gas down. But this is what I wanted for me. It has bad ass power and the ride is great.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Another member on here was cool enough to share the 2012 gearing chart. So here ya go...

First column is tire size...

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
6" of lift seems a bit excessive for 37" tires and with be a problem with the exhaust on the 2012. Flat fenders, 1.5" spacers, and 2" coils will do the job and not give you the steering issues you will encounter on road for the dd. Your rig will be more stable off road as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.