JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, if you are like me and have a manual transmission and use ARB lockers with the daystar switch pannel then you are hating life!! I found during EJS at moab that every time i put the Jeep into 1st or 3rd gear the boot would turn off my locker or air comressor!!!

I am torn between two units, they both are about the same price and offer almost the same features...

first is a JKSwitch unit:
http://www.simplesolutionsmfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49

the second is Spod:
http://www.4x4s-pod.com/products/jk-2007-2010/jk-6-switch-spod-07-08

Spod Pros:

1. More switches
  2. looks to have more control/integration with ARB lockers
Spod cons
  1. Switches are placed where my CB is mounted
  2. Switch location make roll cages in my future very difficult
JKSwitch Pros
  1. Clean switch design
  2. Location allows CB to stay where it is
  3. Roll cage is no problem
JKSwitch Cons
  1. Limited switches
  2. Switches seem hardwired to certain functions
  3. Questionable ARB locker utility?
So, my question to everyone is what is the best cleanest solution and what would you recommend?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
they are both clean installs.

i say spod because of the pros you said but if you think about it.
the cb is easily moveable.
and if you do a cage your not gonna do one spreader bar in the middle your more likely to have two.so it wouldnt really be in the way.

SPOD+hes a vendor here:D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are both clean installs.

i say spod because of the pros you said but if you think about it.
the cb is easily moveable.
and if you do a cage your not gonna do one spreader bar in the middle your more likely to have two.so it wouldnt really be in the way.

SPOD+hes a vendor here:D
Where else could I mount my CB that is out of the way...I am 6'2" tall with long legs so I need all the leg room I can get.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't find the replacement part # for the original lower dash panel. Anyone have any ideas?

I went with the Daystar switch panel and it works great, but I need to replace the original for now!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't find the replacement part # for the original lower dash panel. Anyone have any ideas?

I went with the Daystar switch panel and it works great, but I need to replace the original for now!
Have any threads I can hijack? :shaking:

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
That JKSwitch is clean looking, first time that I have seen that one. It will work fine with the ARB air locker, it is just a switch that activates it.

My throwdown pod until I figure out what all I want to go to a switch.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
The first one is nice but out of the 2 you have mentioned i would definately go with the sPOD. John will take the upmost care of you and your satisfaction is his priority. I have never seen the other kit but the sPOD is a thing of beauty and John takes alot of pride in his work.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Where else could I mount my CB that is out of the way...I am 6'2" tall with long legs so I need all the leg room I can get.
SPOD! It's AWESOME! Mount the CB farther back on spreader bars. That's my intention although I don't have the fron roll installed yet. Even if there is a conflict I will simply relocate the SPOD switches to the spready... SIMPLE to do.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Marine01,
Our system works with all roll bars with the exception of Kenny's at River Raider's roll bar. We have made a custom mini switch bezel for that application specifically. All our core components are made of aluminum, welded and powder coated. All of our harnesses come pre-wrapped in high temp abrasion resistant nylon. Our power distribution unit utilizes six fuses, six relays, six diodes, fifty amp circuit breaker, inline fuse for switch protection. Our system does NOT tie into any of the OEM electrics!
We are offering a 10% percent discount on any item for all JKO members.
Below is a picture of our ARB adapter harness instructions. We have built a connector that matches ARB's harness and eliminates from 12 - 16 wires coming into your cab.

Guys, if you are like me and have a manual transmission and use ARB lockers with the daystar switch pannel then you are hating life!! I found during EJS at moab that every time i put the Jeep into 1st or 3rd gear the boot would turn off my locker or air comressor!!!

I am torn between two units, they both are about the same price and offer almost the same features...

first is a JKSwitch unit:
http://www.simplesolutionsmfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49

the second is Spod:
http://www.4x4s-pod.com/products/jk-2007-2010/jk-6-switch-spod-07-08

Spod Pros:

1. More switches
  2. looks to have more control/integration with ARB lockers
Spod cons
  1. Switches are placed where my CB is mounted
  2. Switch location make roll cages in my future very difficult
JKSwitch Pros
  1. Clean switch design
  2. Location allows CB to stay where it is
  3. Roll cage is no problem
JKSwitch Cons
  1. Limited switches
  2. Switches seem hardwired to certain functions
  3. Questionable ARB locker utility?
So, my question to everyone is what is the best cleanest solution and what would you recommend?

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can use John's sPOD without the pod portion as well and mount the switches wherever you want. I used his Source unit and mounted my switches on the left side of the dash where I wanted them. He customed the length of the harness for me. My Dad did custom car installs for over 20 years and he was blown away by the quality of the wiring and especially the relay setup. I used to fab up lots of custom relay/speaker brackets but nothing EVER came close to what John's selling. sPOD all the way.

·
Registered
308 Posts
sPOD should be standard equipment on all JK's, and if not it should be the first mod done. It makes all electrical mods plug and play.

·
Registered
777 Posts
wow i really like that new jkpanel

perfect placement for the switches

will be looking forward as to how good of the quality the power box is, as i believe thats where the SPOD really shines

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
S-Pod all the way... John is a A+++ Guy to deal with!

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
sPOD all the way... what can I say other than it's one of the highest quality products I have ever seen, the cost differential is extremely minimal when you put it *all* together, and John is of the highest quality when it comes to pre-sale, post-sale, and tech questions.

When I was on the fence, John offered to help me with any issues I might have even if I went with a hodge podge of stuff... this sealed the deal for me. Anyone willing to help a non customer, with other people's crap is pretty amazing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts