JKOwners Forum banner

Help me choose 37's

4K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  LIFTED&LOADED 
#1 ·
I am up on the air on tires. I'm sure it's been asked but. I'm looking to new tires and I can't make up my mind. Choice is between km2's, goodyear MTR, or toyo MT. I am leaning towards the toyo's but the weight scares me at 90+lbs. Any thoughts on this????

#4 ·
choose the tire around what you plan on doing- lots of on-road use? mud? rocks? climbing? soft dirt? All three of those tires usually get pretty good reviews especially the KM2's. Some of those Toyos are pretty expensive. Free shipping on tires is pretty nice too, if you aren't buying them local. I was going to ship some 35x 12.50- 17" tires last week.They are 67 lbs each and will cost about $200 to ship from Texas to Tennessee. :shaking:

#8 ·
I had a friend in college that had a set of 37's on his dodge cummins. These are great for a vehicle that isn't going to see a ton of offroad. Work really well on street and he was going to get about 40k out of them and his truck was dynoed at 600hp and over 900ftlb of torque. Not too bad.

#7 ·
I would go with these.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5963

:grinpimp:

I have run a ton of tires in my 3 decades of wheeling and each have a specific feature over another which means a compromise of some sort. To give you an idea, I have run Fordyce with MTR's, TSL/SX's and even AT/KO's and I can't say other than size where one really performed so much better than the other. EXCEPT.... when coming out of water crossings, the AT/KO's grabbed much better than any other tire and out of the large groups I was running with, I was the only one that got out of the water on the first attempt as the large footprint of the AT had more traction surface to grab the rounded slick rocks without slipping off.

#14 ·
Apart from the on-road disadvantage, that 20lbs becomes a whole lot more when your tires are spinning on the trail.

Another vote for KM2's from me, the only MT I've ran that I would have no hesitation in replacing with the same. Easy to balance, very quiet on the highway for an MT, wear very well, excellent off-road traction and sidewall flex.

#12 ·
Id have to say that if you can find a tire that has a lighter weight go for that option. less rolling resistance and weight on your axle the better. i run at ko beacuse they kick ass through like anything and look sweet. plus the road ride is awesome. I have heard good things about the km2 and the mt mtz. good luck.

#23 ·
I have always used MT/R's and BFG Muds around here in Socal. The MT/R's really hook up at places like Johnson Valley and the Rubicon. I have to say that I got a good 30k hard wheelin miles out of the MT/R's on my TJ before I sold it. There was still a considerable amount of tread left also. I don't wheel in the mud that often. I am planning on getting 37x12.5 15's for my JK. What do you guys like to use for strictly rocks?

#26 ·
Yeah... I am kinda torn between getting another set of MT/R's or some KM2's. I hear they are allot better than the old muds as far as getting cut on the rocks. Can anyone who owned both attest to that claim? My old school BFG MT's always got sliced on the rocks where the MT/R's were damn near indestructible!

#27 ·
Never ran the MT KM's, but know plenty of people who do. The sidewalls are definitely a weak spot on them, but I've seen them take plenty of abuse. The larger sizes seem to do better. I've wheeled the KM2's hard as have others that are using them, and I have plenty of scuffs on the sidewalls, but no cuts and nothing even down to the white, something you will see on the older KM's a lot.

#28 ·
Ah man... It is a hard choice for me then! I really like the new KM2's. They look like BFG Krawlers. MT/R's have worked well for me in the past also but I have a feeling the KM2's might be a little tougher. How many miles have you put on them so far? Thanks for your input!

#30 ·
I've been running KM2's with absolutely no issues at all. Really like them and they are wearing great. Agreat on/offroad compromise. No chunking or tearing. I'm going to Pitbull Rockers (should be in on Monday) because I need something more agressive and the pricing was right. 37" Pitbulls were cheaper than 35" KM2's.

#32 ·
going with toyo m/t 37's when the tax check comes in because of qu got a friend on the and we have a friend who works there for a 25% discount. However those KM2 are some sick tires and if I could get them for the same price I would have a hard time deciding. GOOD LUCK THOUGH BRO, HOW YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT AND ARE HAPPY WITH THEM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.