JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me jeep wont start and i need to fix this asap so i can get to work tomorrow. i turn the key and nothing happens. the dash comes on but does not try to start at all. i noticed that the reverse is highlighted on the dash and im thinking this is the reason it wont start? any ideas. it started fine about 20 mins ago and now nothing. please help

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
me jeep wont start and i need to fix this asap so i can get to work tomorrow. i turn the key and nothing happens. the dash comes on but does not try to start at all. i noticed that the reverse is highlighted on the dash and im thinking this is the reason it wont start? any ideas. it started fine about 20 mins ago and now nothing. please help
it maybe your shifter cable came off for the auto shifter, does it feel like its moving back and forth easier?

you can pop the cup hold/shifter surround off and take a look here some directions to get it off http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11960

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it feels like its easy to shift. could i handle this myself you think?

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's probably that little plastic shift linkage. Search for "plastic shift linkage" on the forum and it'll pop up. Others have had the problem with the transfer case linkage.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it all fixed. thanks everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts