JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am a newbie and might sounds stupid on here, I just need a little advise :smile2:

So, the jeep (2007 sahara unlimited) was driving great on the way to work and home for my lunch break. Have never had the check engine light or any other light come on for that matter ever. No indication of a problem. I come outside to head back to work, try to start it, it starts for 3 seconds then dies. I tried pressing the gas and revving it up and as soon as I left off the gas it dies. I have AAA tow it to my jeep mechanic and he asks "what in the hell did you do to this thing? The motor sounds like its gonna blow up!" WTF?! So a couple days later he says it doesn't look good (I trust this guy completely, I don't think he would tell me something horrible is wrong to screw me over just bc I'm a cute girl :wink2:) and the engine is knocking really bad and that he thinks I need a new one....
The engine was replaced with a brand new one about three years ago and has less than 50K. I bought the jeep a year ago from a private seller and they supplied the receipt for the engine from O'reilys.

So my question is, what would have caused this to happen?! Should I total the jeep out (I still owe $10K on it) or should I try to find a used engine or just what would you all do? Please helppppppp

·
Registered
109 Posts
First things first, Welcome to JKO :smile2:

Was the Jeep "knocking" at all on the way home?

When was the last time you checked the oil?

How many miles since your last oil change?

Did your mechanic give you any idea of what he thinks is wrong?

The more detailed information you are able to give us, the better the chance we may be able to help you... :wink2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts