JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sahara with 116k on the clocks, literally has been trouble free for 11years. Recently it developed what I though was a spark issue. So I replaced the plugs and one showed a crack so I thought sure this was the issue. Nope!
So I progressed to changing the wires and then the ignition coil. No change. I changed the PCV and cleaned the throttle body also in hopes this was the issue but I’ve seen no change.ive run sea foam through the block and in the fuel system also. Here’s the thing, it runs fine cold but as it heats up it develops what I thought was a misfire, only I’m not seeing a loss in rpm and no codes. There does seem to be a bit of a skip in the exhaust note and the engine does jump a bit. Can anyone think of other possible causes for these symptoms?

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Probably worth taking off your exhaust manifold heat shield and inspecting for manifold cracks. Mine had a crack and behaved well after replacing the manifold. Recommend starting with driver side; they seem to be a bit more prone to cracking first.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Also recommend taking off the throttle body and cleaning. If you need RTV to re-seal the tb to the intake, make sure you give it plenty of time to fully cure. Ask my dumbass how I know lol.
Edit - nevermind should have read your whole thread sorry!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts