JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 JK and just finished a 5.7 Hemi swap and am having issues with the AC. Both myself and my mechanic have checked everything we can think of and there is no rhyme or reason for it. The TIPM is new, the compressor is new and tested, the pressure switch is new and tested, coolant is perfect, we have Ohm'd all the wires and found no resistance....... When you turn on power the to the A/C it shows 12V for a millisecond then drops to 8V and stays. Anyone know of any reason why it would drop to 8V steady?

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
I have an 08 JK and just finished a 5.7 Hemi swap and am having issues with the AC. Both myself and my mechanic have checked everything we can think of and there is no rhyme or reason for it. The TIPM is new, the compressor is new and tested, the pressure switch is new and tested, coolant is perfect, we have Ohm'd all the wires and found no resistance....... When you turn on power the to the A/C it shows 12V for a millisecond then drops to 8V and stays. Anyone know of any reason why it would drop to 8V steady?
when you say " compressor is new and tested" wht do you mean by that?
Do you imply you got a brand new , Mopar , exact part number for an 08 Jeep Wrangler JK 3.8l AC comp w lines and electrical hookup?
If you & your guys used a good stock AC compressor, could you remind me what modification had to be done to it for the hemi ?

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
It is a stock, new, tested as in hot-wired to prove that it works, Mopar compressor for the Hemi. There is no modification. Thanks!
i thought you were modifying bracket to permit use of the Jeep AC comp. You're looking at that comp working w/ the Jeep or what harness did you mention using ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
wish I had the answer to this, the hemi swap shouldn't be having a problem with the AC

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
wish I had the answer to this, the hemi swap shouldn't be having a problem with the AC
I wonder why no one is pushing the hemi swap? Is there something about the LS/LT swap that is intrinsically better? What was the voltage Extreme asked about?
JSS is cheap for a reason. They are very knowledgeable but also very hit and miss.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I think every type of swap has potential issues, regardless of who made the engine. Any time you start monkeying with the original design of the vehicle, you're at the mercy of the makers of the aftermarket crap AND the installer to ensure reliability and good performance.

- I've heard of heat management issues on both hemi and ls swaps, from overheating to radiator failures.

- Communication issues with LS, inferior transmissions with hemi.

- Both setups need to be tuned, no matter what a kit supplier may advertise.

So far, my hemi swap issues have been minor, and no problem has been insurmountable. Not sure I'd be able to say the same for an LS swap, say, if the comm. module between mopar and GM systems failed. But then again, my Mopar PCM could fail and then I'd be out several hundred bucks and several days with no way to fix it on my own.

So anyone who says "LS is the only choice hands-down" or "Mopar or no car" is a little full of shit, IMHO. I'd say they're both fairly equally good but equally quirky overall. For best results, the owner needs to be prepared to attack the quirks as they appear.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I put 36K on my 2014 Hemi swap and it performed very well. First time off road a crank trigger wire rubbed through the insulation but I was still able to drive it home 200 miles. Once the harness was repaired I never had a problem. Mine was an AEV kit. I was very pleased with it's performance & reliability. I would have preferred the 6.2 LS but logistics were involved and the dealer gave me a loaner for seven weeks while my Jeep was in the shop.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
hi all:)
In the event of a voltage drop, that I faced too on my 2012 hemi swap, the problem of determining the consequences is very complicated, bc the consequences depend on the type of electricity consumer. There are a lot of nuances depending on it. Be sure to find a really good service, that is the only way to fix the problem, man.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Get fucked!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.