JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find which rear bumper/tire carriers fit the following list.

1) Hitch receiver either stock or one built into bumper.
2) Full width due to laws requiring it to be at least to middle of tire tread.
3) Opens with the tailgate
4) Made of aluminum due to trying to keep weight down and they use salt on the roads here.
5) Should hold up to a 37" or larger preferred.

I am having a hard time finding these features all in one bumper. If anyone has some ideas please let me know. The one I did find was RSE Rigid Rear bumper but wanted to see other options.

Thanks
-Mallow

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Gen Right and ACE have an Aluminum Rear Full Width Bumper. Integrating a swing out carrier into that is difficult, due to strength of material.

The TF, GR or EVO Carrier will be tailgate or corner panel mounted..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not sure where you wheel but my rear bumper is steel and gets scratched and beat to hell! I ended up welding the passenger side on to keep it in place on the trail. Between the rocks and tire carrier it puts a lot of stress on the bumper. Alum is great for weight but steel holds to the rocks better.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure where you wheel but my rear bumper is steel and gets scratched and beat to hell! I ended up welding the passenger side on to keep it in place on the trail. Between the rocks and tire carrier it puts a lot of stress on the bumper. Alum is great for weight but steel holds to the rocks better.
Sad to say that most of my offroading is mostly old logging roads and around the farm/hunting lease. Honestly the plastic has held up fine and if nothing changes it would probably be fine. The 315 Duratrac on the tailgate is hitting the plastic bumper when closing so it is causing issues and figured it was time for a change before it screws up the tailgate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
RPMFAB can get you all of those requests but the Aluminum. We have been only producing locally in the Arizona market but are ready to start taking national orders. We have a bumper that wraps full with, opens with the rear door and uses the factory hitch. We have not found any way to use aluminum to carry the strength of the swing arm. Even with 3/16th P&O steel we have to build quite a support system so that no flex or rattle will occur.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is our Shorter version that only goes tub width. We can get up to a 40" tire with NO wobble or movement.

Sorry for the large pictures. I am not sure how to shrink them

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts