JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to get one for quite a while, but just cant ever seem to be satisfied with what i want... but heres what i know i want to incorporate...

Traditional Cross
The Dates 9-2, 9-24, and 9-24 on one side
and the dates 9-26 and 5-28 on the other

a small sketch below, but im no artist.

maybe use roman numerals for the dates...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, what do the dates represent? Also I would go with the roman numerals instead.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
x 2 on the romans.

Also, keep size in mind. If you are going by the size on that page, doing small text is not advisable, as over time, it will tend to "bleed" a little bit and eventually just look like black smudges. That looks pretty small as is. Maybe try to have the artist work the numbers/numerals into a wood grain appearance or something, instead of just stacking them under the "arms" of the cross. If you intended on doing wood that is. Thought it'd look sweet as either a wood grain tie-in, or maybe even branded wood or something.

My better half is a tattoo artist, and I've spent a ton of time both hanging out in shops, as well as under the needle. The number one thing is that they always point out the particular size of a font that you want to use. Too small, and it will look like shit in a few years.

·
4,005 Posts
Also, keep size in mind. If you are going by the size on that page, doing small text is not advisable, as over time, it will tend to "bleed" a little bit and eventually just look like black smudges.
I learned that the hard way.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Go for the tattoo holy trinity.

A unicorn, a rainbow, and a Patrick Swayze tat.
Let a pro figure out how best to make it work, but just spitballin' here.......Swayze riding a baby blue unicorn with a amazing double rainbow as the backdrop

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Go for the tattoo holy trinity.

A unicorn, a rainbow, and a Patrick Swayze tat.
Let a pro figure out how best to make it work, but just spitballin' here.......Swayze riding a baby blue unicorn with a amazing double rainbow as the backdrop
Close the thread.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you dont mind me asking, what do the dates represent? Also I would go with the roman numerals instead.
Definately want to go with romans, and ill let yall know what the dates represent, but i want to hear what Marcus thinks they are first

VVVVV

I thought of a funny thing but I'm afraid to post it.

Can we speculate on the dates for a minute? :D:innocent:
x 2 on the romans.

Also, keep size in mind. If you are going by the size on that page, doing small text is not advisable, as over time, it will tend to "bleed" a little bit and eventually just look like black smudges. That looks pretty small as is. Maybe try to have the artist work the numbers/numerals into a wood grain appearance or something, instead of just stacking them under the "arms" of the cross. If you intended on doing wood that is. Thought it'd look sweet as either a wood grain tie-in, or maybe even branded wood or something.

My better half is a tattoo artist, and I've spent a ton of time both hanging out in shops, as well as under the needle. The number one thing is that they always point out the particular size of a font that you want to use. Too small, and it will look like shit in a few years.
well this tattoo is going to be on my upper arm, and im not the biggest of guys... but i do want to do the woodgrain appearance, and as far as "how" the numbers are placed, it can be done however, i just put them there for reference, maybe try to put them in a banner or something?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Why is 9/24 doubled? Pretend this is like "Miami Ink," there's a camera in your face and you need to explain the significance of the tattoo and maybe shed a tear on that she-beast Kat Von D.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why is 9/24 doubled? Pretend this is like "Miami Ink," there's a camera in your face and you need to explain the significance of the tattoo and maybe shed a tear on that she-beast Kat Von D.
haha... ok the numbers are b-days, 9-2 is my mom, 9-24 and 9-24 are my brothers (twins) (strangely enough they were born on my third bday, but thats irrelevant)

me and my brothers share the same mom

thus, the other side is my dad and my little sister,

my mom and dad split shortly after i was born, thus having my sis under my dad and my brothers under my mom.

care to share what you thought marcus?!?:thefinger::beer:

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
haha... ok the numbers are b-days, 9-2 is my mom, 9-24 and 9-24 are my brothers (twins) (strangely enough they were born on my third bday, but thats irrelevant)

me and my brothers share the same mom

thus, the other side is my dad and my little sister,

my mom and dad split shortly after i was born, thus having my sis under my dad and my brothers under my mom.

care to share what you thought marcus?!?:thefinger::beer:
well you could always do 9-24x2:D j/k

Interesting cool idea:beer: So will the cross look flat or have a 3-d effect to it? I was thinking a simple isometric drawing would look neat but not sure how that translates into art.

Not crosses like these (random search pics) but something like that to give it depth:

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
I thought maybe they were the death dates of all the vehicles you've destroyed....

:lol: :lol:

:beer:

Marcus

(I posted this a while ago and I'm still laughing....)
:nuke::laughing2:

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought maybe they were the death dates of all the vehicles you've destroyed....

:lol: :lol:

Marcus

(I posted this a while ago and I'm still laughing....)
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:laughing2::beer:

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Probably not relevant to the dates of birth but here is my cross with my father's initials and dates. Im just throwing a different style of cross you way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Sick ink ^^^.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
since were talking tattoos. what are most business policies when it comes to tattoos.

ive had one in my head for months and they usually seem like a bad idea after that long so.

i want to get life is good on the bottom of my wrist. i could wear a watch over it.

are there any other good spots to get something like that?

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
since were talking tattoos. what are most business policies when it comes to tattoos.

ive had one in my head for months and they usually seem like a bad idea after that long so.

i want to get life is good on the bottom of my wrist. i could wear a watch over it.

are there any other good spots to get something like that?
You can get'em for free in prison... might have to trade your innocence for it though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts