JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update:
I have called and PMd the seller to see if he will send me $350. From what I see here on the forum it appears that the average price for a set of 5 KMs/Rims is $700.

Rick

OK, heres the deal. I had made a deal with a fellow JKO member for a set of 35s. We had hashed out all the details and agreed on everything. I was on my way to his house to complete the deal and get a call that he has sold his JK to a dealership and the deal is off.

Well, heres the kicker. He needed a set of stock wheels since he was just trading in and the dealship didnt care. I hooked up another member with my set of 5 Mountain Wheels and Tires and took his 16" Steelies with stock tires that are 29". I have a 2.5" RK Lift and these tires now.

The seller has offered to pay half of the cost towards a set of Rubi/Mountain Tires/Wheels to get me back to where I was.

I am pleading for anyone who can help to contact me!

Thanks for reading!

Rick Emborsky
860-836-7121

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the other party's screen name?

He is a member on this forum.

When I just spoke to him I told him that I would ask for pitty from other fellow JKO members and explain the situation on the forum without mentioning who it was, Im afraid that may make it so I would even get any help from him at all.

Rick.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Not sure your going to get any pity.... But without knowing who were dealing with you cant prevent someone else form getting hosed..... The fact that he was working a deal with a dealership is pure bullshit and he could have gave you the heads up that he was leaving the tires and wheels on.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure your going to get any pity.... But without knowing who were dealing with you cant prevent someone else form getting hosed..... The fact that he was working a deal with a dealership is pure bullshit and he could have gave you the heads up that he was leaving the tires and wheels on.....

I agree. I am trying to be the bigger man here. Im not sure it will happen to anyone else as he is selling his JK and going to a Subaru, so he will be on a different forum. Maybe the karma will follow.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Hmmm.... (Took out URL just in case I was wrong, but it is a VERY educated guess.)p=887144

Want to out him?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weak sauce. Out the seller. That's some bullshit. Since he sold his JK, he prolly aint hanging here anymor, so what's the harm?
Its just what I told him I would do so I am sticking to my word, even though he didn't. I at least believe in karma and want to stay true to my word, unlike him.

I understand what everyone is saying though.

Part that kills me is even at 10:14 today he posted up saying I was coming to get the tires! WTF.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
That's who I was thinking. Remember reading that thread and nearly calling the boy on some parts. Geez, that's twice in one week someone's got hosed on a deal here.

---
- Bryan
Sent from my smoke signals

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Its just what I told him I would do so I am sticking to my word, even though he didn't. I at least believe in karma and want to stay true to my word, unlike him.

I understand what everyone is saying though.

Part that kills me is even at 10:14 today he posted up saying I was coming to get the tires! WTF.
You don't realize it, or maybe you do, but you already have given MORE than enough info to out him...
Back on track...
What are you looking for in this wanted thread?

Mountain edition wheels and tires?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which I woulda known. He has been a member since 2009 and has over 1700 posts, woulda thought he was a straight dude.

This just goes to show with that whole "If its too good to be true" but I was the sucker.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Well hopefully I dont get hosed because I just sent money for a fuel door.... But I do have lots of family that live in upstate NY :thefinger:

*edit* looks like he updated his pot and im good for my fuel door lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't realize it, or maybe you do, but you already have given MORE than enough info to out him...
Back on track...
What are you looking for in this wanted thread?

Mountain edition wheels and tires?
Didn't think of that..nor what that my intention. Just trying to get the story out there, also not thinking too clearly as I am still in awe about this whole thing.

Looking for either Mountain or Rubi wheels and tires, yes. He said he would go halves with me to at least get me back to where I was.

Thanks,

Rick.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have just PMd the seller to see if we can agree to split the average cost of $700 for a full set of Rubi Wheels/Tires.

I think that is fair enough,

We will see.

Rick.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I hope it all works out for ya and his momma finds out how he is doing people

---
- Bryan
Sent from my smoke signals

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, this is not looking very promising at all. He states that he feels ZERO Obligation since I sold mine prior to taking his. Even though per our converstaion THE NIGHT BEFORE, we had hashed out all the details and agreed on our deal.

Im screwed.

He is now stating that he said he is will to split the cost of a take offs with the sale of the 29s I have built into that. What are these 29s worth? 100 dollars on a good day, when the stars align for me?

Rick.

Don't out anybody until he makes good on splitting the cost... then maybe

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
First off rem where are you from so we know what area you're in need of. I have rims, w/o, tires that were the upgraded rims off an 08 X.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts