JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am originally from Alaska and previously owned a yellow 98 XJ, which was my first love. Wheeling in Alaska was definately a huge part of my life. Most of my weekends were spent out on the trails, wheeling and camping. My XJ was featured in Petersons Offroad a few years back in a write up about Alaska wheeling. I was an active member of our 4wheel drive club as well. I just moved to Southern California with my husband and I will be purchasing a JK Unlimited Rubicon with in the next year. I am just here for some firsthand info and future wheeling trips and write ups. Eventually I would love to become active in a local wheeling club as well.

~Stephanie

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

I came from an XJ as well. In a way I miss the XJ. At the same time though I love having a newer vehicle out in the middle of nowhere :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Welcome!
You guys can come wheelin' with us anytime
I'd love to wheel in Alaska someday. If you have any pics of your adventures up there post em up.
Cheers :beer::beer:

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am originally from Alaska... Eventually I would love to become active in a local wheeling club as well.~Stephanie
WELCOME STEPHANIE!!!:innocent:

It'll be great to have another girl with Michelle and I. We have great fun here, everyone is SO nice and we go out quite often.

Alaska??? I'm jealous! I've always wanted to see Alaska. Like Billy said.....pictures??? :D

You can take a look at our latest adventures here:http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2394

When do you think you'll be moving down here permanently? Well we can't wait to wheel with you and hubby!!:):):)
~Melissa~

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much! I have *many* pictures from wheeling in Alaska. I'll post some up in the next couple days. It really is a very different terrain than what I'm seeing in the wheeling photos here in CA.

Melissa-I am permanently in CA for now. Thanks for the local info I'll check it out. I'm really excited to get out and meet some people that are passionate about wheeling....

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks so much! I have *many* pictures from wheeling in Alaska. I'll post some up in the next couple days. It really is a very different terrain than what I'm seeing in the wheeling photos here in CA.

Melissa-I am permanently in CA for now. Thanks for the local info I'll check it out. I'm really excited to get out and meet some people that are passionate about wheeling....
Oh, you'll love us then. We have a great time! Some of us are going up to Gold Mt. to watch the fireworks on Friday. Anyone is welcome and you don't have to have a JK (see Billy's little go-anywhere Toyota truck).

I can't wait to meet you in person. You'll love Mark's (100dollarman) GF, Michelle, too. She's really nice. :innocent: And they take their two little :chihuahua: :chihuahua: with them. They're really cute. We bring our little Shih Tzu too. Do you have a dog?

~Melissa~

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Welcome to the forum, being active in your local offroad 4x4 club is one of the best moves to make... I know that joining my local club was the best thing that I did...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome to California and to the site!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts