JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every body my names is James.

I am new to JK's, but not to Jeeps and off roading. I have been steady building my 74 K-5 Blazer for a few years. It has all the big build up stuff ton's, 39's, lockers, flexy suspension, but it's not something I can drive every day. I have had quite a few Jeeps over the years. CJ's mostly but I have had a bunch. I got out of Jeeps a few years back when my son was born and got into K-5 for the room. I started learning more about JK's through the people I know here in the off road community I really like what I have been hearing and wanted to get back into a DD/mild wheeler. The JK looks to me like it will fit the bill quite nicely, now I just have to find the right one for me. Any opinions and a good place to start will be great help!

Attachments

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great pics. I'm sure you will be looking at the four door Unlimited. They seem to be a great place to start! Have fun. :gluging:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I do miss my 86 K5...but LOVE my JKU!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I went and test drove a few different JK's this weekend. I have pretty much settled on a new JK four door sport. I drove an '08 6speed, and it was pretty peppy. I drove and '10 Automatic and I could tell right away the difference. I when hopped in a '12 automatic, and I gotta say it was just as peppy if not more so then the '08 with then manual. My son loved the four door JK's he almost feel asleep during one of the test drives in the back seat. I have narrowed my colors down to Bright White, Flame red, of Cosmo Blue. I was not a huge fan of the hard top on these. It sounded like a big drum ever time I hit a bump. Any opinions and idea on what you guys would have done different are welcome. I'm going to go a mild build 4" and 35's most likely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Pulled the trigger this weekend on an '08 Unlimited X. I ma so glad I did. I love it! The only thing I do not like is the top! There has got to be a better way to get that things down?! Do you have to take it all the way off? I never had to my on TJ. . . . . What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Welcome to JKO and nice rigs! I to could not for the life of me figure out the damn soft top on mine, i had an early bronco and it was either hard top or no top... so i just youtubed it... lots of video's actually haha. its pretty easy once you do it a couple times. the hardest part is putting the damn windows back in when you want it up!

Good luck and happy trails!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.