JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Just joined a few days ago.

I'm on my third JK build. The last two were Unlimiteds with 6.1 Hemis in them. This one is a 2-door Rubicon that's keeping the V6, going with Poly Performance's suspension, 5.13 gears, 37" IROKS or Pro Comp tires.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome to the forum! and Howdy! from Golden, Colorado

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Hi.

Just joined a few days ago.

I'm on my third JK build. The last two were Unlimiteds with 6.1 Hemis in them. This one is a 2-door Rubicon that's keeping the V6, going with Poly Performance's suspension, 5.13 gears, 37" IROKS or Pro Comp tires.
Welcome,

How were the 6.1s? I have one due from AEV in the next month or so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 6.1s were great. No issues, plenty of power, and returned fairly good 12-15 mpg fuel economy (for 425hp). Both of mine were Burnsville swaps. AEV does great work, too, as you know.

I'll be writing about the second 6.1 in 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility magazine.

·
Registered
475 Posts
welcome to the site Phil! why no v8 conversion on the 2 door?

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
The 6.1s were great. No issues, plenty of power, and returned fairly good 12-15 mpg fuel economy (for 425hp). Both of mine were Burnsville swaps. AEV does great work, too, as you know.

I'll be writing about the second 6.1 in 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility magazine.
Great, I'll look forward to it. My major fear is making the axles survive for a couple of years until I can afford maybe some Currie Rock Jock D60s or the like. Even with upgrading the shafts I'm still concerned with how often I'll be snapping them.

I think I might make a special boot for my right foot for when wheeling that have some tacks for insoles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome to the site Phil! why no v8 conversion on the 2 door?
Time constraints. I just want to get this one finished and start 'wheeling it.

Great, I'll look forward to it. My major fear is making the axles survive for a couple of years until I can afford maybe some Currie Rock Jock D60s or the like. Even with upgrading the shafts I'm still concerned with how often I'll be snapping them.

I think I might make a special boot for my right foot for when wheeling that have some tacks for insoles.
Those insoles should work! Actually, I had O.K. luck with the Rubicon axles, but, of course, would rather have the Currie 60's, too. I'm sure there's a pair of those in my future.

Welcome, Phil!
Thanks, Lance. You have a great site.

How did the kit install go....?
So good so far. The quality of the parts is very impressive. We're still waiting on shocks.

MichaelW - Thanks! I get a lot of information from everyone here.

·
Registered
934 Posts
See you at easter jeep safari? there will be a group of us coming from Omaha. Jk's, Tj's, Xjs and so on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wow, the orginator of "modern day rock crawling competitions", good to see you on the board....

Big Rich
W.E.ROCK
Hey, Big Rich. It's good to see you here! Let's not forget Bob Hazel, too . . .

See you at easter jeep safari? there will be a group of us coming from Omaha. Jk's, Tj's, Xjs and so on.
Yep, I'll be there (if I'm healed), hopefully driving my 2-door JK.

I had a beadlock wheel blow up and break my left knee and right and left hands. It also almost took off my little finger on my right hand. So, I'm typing with two fingers and hoping to recover quickly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts