JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, hello from Boston. I've posted here a few times already but I figured that now was time to officially say hello. :)

Up until recently I was an H3 driver. I loved the truck but due to some issues at home it became a serious issue and had to go. I was lucky to find a black 08 Rubi Unlimited with dual tops, power, and auto. I was hoping for Red Rock or Jeep Green, but hey, what can you do. ;)

Come spring time the JK will be getting a 3 to 4" lift along with the 315/75R16 Hankook RT03/Staun Internal Bead Locks from the H3. I don't know what sort of wheels or bumpers yet. But I've got no worries, I'm sure you guys will give me ideas. :laughing:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
f'ing Hummer owners:shaking:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Debbie drove an H3 once while the owner of the H3 drove my JK. Needless to say she is trading in her H3 for the JK.

I am curious did you have a fair amount of mechanical issues too? I couldn't believe her laundry list of what she had the dealer replace. It was all under warranty but still.

That's definitely a nice thing about the Stauns, you can move them to different wheels. :bounce:

·
Registered
401 Posts
WELCOME! and HOWDY! from Golden Colorado
I had Stauns on my TJ and they worked well, but I did ruin one when I rockcut a sidewall and it took out the Staun. I'm tryin Walker Evans beadlocks this time around.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am curious did you have a fair amount of mechanical issues too? I couldn't believe her laundry list of what she had the dealer replace. It was all under warranty but still.
Ummmm... lets see. One drivers side mirror, one pass side rear fender flare, both rear leaf springs, cylinder head, front drive shaft, steering rack, tie rods (x4)... I'm sure that there was much more but thats all I can remember off the top of my head. :shaking:

I loved the truck. It was soooo comfortable and it wheeled fairly well, but I was constantly worried that I was going to toast another tie rod, the front dif, or some other PITA part and that was holding me back. I can't wait to get the lift on my truck and wheel it. :bounce::smokin::D:beer:

OBTW - I've seen a stubby front winch bumper somewhere on the forum that included the factory fog lights (or at least had fog lights. ;) Do any of you guys know who makes this bumper?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well "Ipe", we already communicate right here concerning my onboard air pump, with your help you gave me some great info that resided over on your H3 Site, I enjoyed the read over there. Welcome, past H3 owner, and while I was over on your site I looked around and did notice alot of you guys wheel very hard.:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts