JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of Hella 55W 500's and no go,..they blink on & off and sometimes don't even come on, or just one will be lite. . I just stopped and bought 35W (well below the 45W standard))) & samething happing. I have a Stubby Bumper so I'll never put stock bumper or use the factory fogs, so I cut factory pigtails off about 6" down then tied right into factory Fog harness wiring. I read somewhere that the Computer does this if wattage is to high, mine isn't.(35W should be just fine))) Anyone have a solution besides stand alone wiring, my KC's are a stand alone, I really want these run off off of my Stock switch if I can. Did I fry a Relay when I had the 55W in and now it's junk????don't really have an idea what to look at.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
You need to run a fused power from the battery up to the front and add a relay that is switched by the factory fog lights. That way it won't matter what wattage you use.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to run a fused power from the battery up to the front and add a relay that is switched by the factory fog lights. That way it won't matter what wattage you use.
Thx Paragon,, will do, I have the Relay harness that came with the Light Kit, I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paragon,.."Lights are Fixed'....ran #86 of relay to Fog Light hot wire under bumper,...the rest went were they belong. Working superbly, factory Fog Light switch is in full control just like factory. :D
Thx again,.........

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Paragon,.."Lights are Fixed'....ran #86 of relay to Fog Light hot wire under bumper,...the rest went were they belong. Working superbly, factory Fog Light switch is in full control just like factory. :D
Thx again,.........
Cool deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts