JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is correct!
I did this mod today!
Hella E-code H4 7" round lenses are a direct fit. Did not need to cut, they are held in securely and aimed properly.
Installed them with HID H4's and they make an incredible difference over stock. They focus the light a whole lot better and generally look better than the plastic crappy "free-form" stock reflectors!
I would recommend this mod to everyone who hates stock lights!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I've been telling this to people for two years and no one has listened, nice to see you found all the stuff to do it! The stock housings are a joke.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They need a little bit of aiming to get rid of a bit of a dead spot at the center right now but after that I will get pattern pictures for you all!
I hope I can aim them without removing my grille (grille-hoop)!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You don't need to remove the grill, just need a long 15(?) torx driver.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
You don't need to remove the grill, just need a long 15(?) torx driver.
Yes, its for sure a T15. Get a thin shaft screwdriver type. Got mine from pepboys for $6 or so. Top screw is the one that adjust up and down.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Have you taken a picture yet?
Or do you have a part number for the hella's so I can look them up online?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys been busy the last couple of days!
There is a little bit of a dead spot farther out front of the truck becaue of the "e-code" design and the fact that the US-spec JK's dont have side-side aiming screws.
HOWEVER they are still far surperior to stock.
Pics I will get asap, part # HL79562

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
Seriously?! You can't aim the lights from side to side? That's messed up. Well done Jeep :eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
HID H4's, were they the 35w or 55w? What color range, and would you happen to have a part number for those as well? Sorry for all the q's, Im just so sick of the stock headlights!:beer:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
35W 8,000k from vvme.com
I may have some pics up of comparason shots tonight if I remember to get them.
It's too bad the US-spec JK's do not have horizontal beam adjustment screws like the UK version.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PICS FINALLY!!!!

STOCK HOUSINGS with H13 HID kit:

Hella H4 housings with H4 HID kit:

First off....the camera and pic quality suck because I don't have a night feature. The difference in light pattern and cutoff are substantial with the Hella lenses. They give much better pattern and a much nicer cutoff. They are a great improvement over stock.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts