JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know that I just purchased my first Jeep. I've discovered that my heater doesn't blow hot... or even warm for that matter. I've read through threads and on google and it seems most of everyone's issue is the heater core. Usually the symptoms are a leaking heater core or it blows hot on passenger side but not on the driver's side. Mine is not blowing warm air at all... nothing on both side. I don't have a leaking heater core either.

I read somewhere, and now I've lost it, that it could be some damper/vent opening that is stuck? Does anyone have experience with this particular issue? How to diagnose and/or find this vent? Any info or help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had the same issue on my 2012 a couple years back. The temperature actuator was stuck. If your into yoga you might be able to contort yourself in a way to reach it with a screw driver and nudge it back in track. If not, you'll have to take the dash out. Once I pushed the arm attached to the actuator back in motion everything worked just like it was supposed to. Good luck, hopefully that is all it is!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the same issue on my 2012 a couple years back. The temperature actuator was stuck. If your into yoga you might be able to contort yourself in a way to reach it with a screw driver and nudge it back in track. If not, you'll have to take the dash out. Once I pushed the arm attached to the actuator back in motion everything worked just like it was supposed to. Good luck, hopefully that is all it is!
Lol... never done yoga but I'd be willing to start if it means fixing this heater issue!

Do you remember what it looks like... any description you can give me that could guide me in the direction of what I'm looking for? Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You da man... thank you!

That's the one. I was able to get mine moving and working again without taking it out. Pushed on the arm with a screwdriver to free it up. Mine was stuck on cold. We don't get much winter down here in FL so it usually stays in the cold position.
Yeah, I suspect the heat hasn't been turned on in my Jeep for many years. I bought it from a guy in Miami and drove it back up to Pensacola. Heat won't be used much here either but I'll definitely need it when I travel up into the mountains.

I'll see what I can do this weekend and report back either way. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts