JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people doing to replace the headlights? Is there anything out there yet? The stock headlights are terrible but that is probably because I am just used to the IPF Fat Boys I had in my LJ.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I went with full replacement of the lamps to E-Code lamps. I am running 85watt through some Marchals and the difference is night and day. However I had to alter the wiring to run such bright bulbs and the write up is here.

The company I got the lamps and bulbs from also sells Cibie brand which is a less expensive alternative as the Marchals are designed more for Rally racing.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome. Do the lights then use a switch to turn on? I am going to wait until sPOD finishes their product for the JK before I do that. Is there something less techinical like a direct replacement?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Nope they still use the factory switch to turn on the lights hi and low beam as usual. I would contact Daniel in the link I gave in the first thread. He can tell you about alternatives and what might be a replacement with a little less work. He would know as this is what he does for a living. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
For no good reason other than the fact that I was bored, I decided to resurrect the oldest thread I could add something to.
Truck-Lites! :thefinger:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
X2 on KC's. Improved beam pattern over the trucklites and can be found for only about $40 more.

Love mine.
Thanks for that tip, just started looking at lights today.

·
Registered
40 Posts
X2 on KC's. Improved beam pattern over the trucklites and can be found for only about $40 more.

Love mine.

Every photo I see seems like the trucklites have more of that "black chrome" look than the KC's have you seen them side by side? I love the darker look of the JW speakers, but not so much the price point.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Every photo I see seems like the trucklites have more of that "black chrome" look than the KC's have you seen them side by side? I love the darker look of the JW speakers, but not so much the price point.
X2 on this. USMCDoc14 did a great headlight comparison some time back (you should search and read it!), and the Speakers came out to be (not surprisingly) the best light pattern available. Not sure they're twice-the-money good though. Been wrestling with this one myself. If the price point were even close, to me it would be no question. I'm sure there are some who would prefer a little more traditional look though, and the J W Speakers are anything but traditional.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
I've tried HIDs in the stock housings, Hella's (halogen and HIDs), Cibies, HID Projectors, Hella's (again) and TL LEDs. By far the best I've had are the TLs. The Hella's were very good for what they cost (~120+ a harness). The TLs make my 10" rigid bar useless (I keep it just to piss off people who don't turn their highs off).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts