JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I picked up a set of used gts headlight covers and was wondering how to secure them. Thought it would be simple enough, just pop em on, but they dont seem to stay well. Even if i put them behind the grill i can just pop em off frm the front. I gots no instructions... anyone ever put some on? Thanks ya'll!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you responded.... was just reading another thread and if im not mistaken you made a comment about, well, ill just say starfish, that almost made me piss myself.... that was you right? If so, too funny, if not too stooopit on my part. And thanks... i havent had a question yet NOT answered on this forum. Thats why I love it.... that plus the starfish stuff:D

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
A picture of one of them might help. If it has tabs around the edge that tuck under the grille to hold it on, thats probably all there is to it. Those headlight covers are not really meant to be bolted down, and you don't really want them to be.

They're fragile enough that you're never going to stop anyone from tearing them off by securing them. And they suck at night. I have a set for my Mustang that I take off at night.

~SoCo

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A picture of one of them might help. If it has tabs around the edge that tuck under the grille to hold it on, thats probably all there is to it. Those headlight covers are not really meant to be bolted down, and you don't really want them to be.

They're fragile enough that you're never going to stop anyone from tearing them off by securing them. And they suck at night. I have a set for my Mustang that I take off at night.

~SoCo
No tabs whatsoever, so there is nothing to hold them in place. I expected there would be tabs so they just snapped behind the hole in the grill, and they are slightly smaller than the grill opening so it doesnt hold em in place. Not so worried about stealing as i am one or both just falling out... i did pop them on at nite and they didnt seem to affect the already crappy lights too bad. I have bad luck w photos on here but will try tonite... thanks. Worse comes to work im thinking an easy fix w/ some velcro as mentioned or some two sided tape....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.