JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEWB here...first post. Glad to be part of the community!

Anyone have a tip for replacing the headlamps on a 2007 JK? Looks like I need to remove the horn on the driver side and the power steering resevoir on passenger side to get at the harness. Has to be a better way! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks much,

JS

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
no need to remove the horn. Just remove the single bolt for the power steering reservoir, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

Sorry, I don't remember much detail, but I took mine in and out 2 or 3 times and if I can easily do it and not remember it being a big deal, it must be easy.

Take the grill off, undo the plugs to the turn signal to fully remove it and then it seems like there is a ring around the headlight with 2 little screws to remove and the light will come forward enough to disengage the plug.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
its easier to pull the grill and take the 3 screws a piece off of the retaining rings and pull the whole headlight out to access the bulbs than to try to get to the bulbs from the back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.