JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to say this is Jeep related, simply because it involves us towing a Jeep to Jeep Beach...
So myself and our marketing manager Evan are rolling out to Jeep Beach tomorrow morning for a solid 3 day drive from Orange County and taking the 10 pretty much the whole way - we're towing with the big Rebel Dually and taking Bond's Jeep on the flatbed...

So we figured it'd be fun to share the adventure as I'm sure there are quite a few people who would like to make the journey but don't feel like sitting in a car for 36+ hours....

So for all of you fine folk who live somewhere near the 10 in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama & Florida, whats a must see, where is the [email protected] good food and what do we absolutely need to do on the way out there? ...besides make it there :wink2:

I'll upload pictures as they come through!

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you are into history , there is a lot to see .
Every time I'm in the area I'll go out of my way to stop in San Antonio to see the Alamo , there is always something that I missed or something new . Last time there they were installing a new room that had promise of contributions from area families that had unseen artifacts .
The Tombstone Arizona area is interesting although a tourist trap of sorts , but still if you never have been there it is none the less interesting and should be visited at least once .

But by far Bisbee Arizona is one of my personal favorites , more real history there about the Old West than Tombstone without all the embellishments , I make it a point to stay overnight at the Old Bisbee Hotel , the town is centered around the silver mine and is set in the end of the Sierra Nevada Mountains , homes there are precariously set into the hillside seeming to be almost vertical . More silver was mined there than in Tombstone by far and at the time was more populated and more well known .
There are some really good steak houses there , breakfast at the diners is huge and old fashioned . A quaint experience and worth the detour .
Have fun with the trip , I may see you at Jeep Beach .

·
Registered
375 Posts
Depending on the day and time, stop by Luling City Market BBQ in Luling, Texas. It's 10 minutes off I-10, about an hour east of San Antonio.

Sent from a payphone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts