JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand is the most popular? I need to replace the craptastic exhaust manifolds on my 2010 and before I buy I would like some feed back. TIA.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
What brand is the most popular? I need to replace the craptastic exhaust manifolds on my 2010 and before I buy I would like some feed back. TIA.
RIPP long tubes are pretty much your best/only option if you want something that has actual benefits.

In general, shorty headers aren't much for getting any additional power, and they overheat all the time. (ask me how I know :suicide:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Ripp headers are very nice, I noticed a nice increase in part throttle power and I don't have the tuner yet. I can't wait until I sell my Hypertech and get the tune from Ripp. The quality of the headers is very nice, I was lucky and scored mine from craigslist for $600 new.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I have a that went with the JBA shorty headers and he likes them. I'm only thinking about this for the replacement and not to gain no power. I just don't care to put stock manifolds on and they crack again.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have a that went with the JBA shorty headers and he likes them. I'm only thinking about this for the replacement and not to gain no power. I just don't care to put stock manifolds on and they crack again.
I went with the JBA titanium ceramic shorty headers when my stock manifold cracked. As stated above, no gain in power, and they just overheat like a sonofabitch. :flame:

If I were to go back and do it again, I'd just put a new stock manifold on there until I could afford the RIPP setup.

If you're set on getting them, make sure to get the heat socks from Napa to cover your spark plug wires, or else they'll melt. Even the high-temp wires.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
When I first bought my JKU, it had the Gibson ceramic headers and muffler on it...it didn't have any significant improvements for the engine and decided to swap out to stock with another JKU.

I now have the RIPP long tube headers with the FlowMaster "Hush Power" Resonator and stock muffler. It is fairly quiet and with the noticeable power gains I am very happy with the setup!! :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts