JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but now lets work on the vehicle aspect. Im convincing my bf to get a rubi, and id say im about 70% there! Good path towards sealing the deal i say ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he likes to roadtrip a lot so maybe its the gas monster giving him doubts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tell him that there is more land not paved than land that is. So why would he want a *cough* car *cough* that couldn't see all there is to see.

·
Registered
866 Posts
If he has to look at the MPG line on the window sticker, he is not ready for any Jeep other than a Patriot.
When someone is ready for a JK, they just check dealer stock within 250 miles for the JK that comes closest to meeting their wish list and go get it. :D
If you have to "convince" him he is not ready.
I am lucky. My wife told me I had to replace my built but weary 93 YJ with a new 4 door JK. Got my 2010 JKUR a few weeks after I got her a Patriot for her birthday to replace our 99XJ.
It was fun building the new JK.
If still think he can be convinced, show him some of the rebuild threads here.
I'm 50 and fat but kids ogle my JK like there was a naked J-Lo in my passenger seat. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need to teach him that road trips are about the trip not just the destination. The best road trip I have ever had was fro AZ to MN with the windows out the whole way. Yes you have to slow down if you have a soft top and a strong headwind or the noise will make you go bonkers. Nothing beats Jeeps for road trips- enjoy the sights and the weather.
And there are no better road trips than heading west from Austin to NM, AZ, or CA. I have gone from Austin to Phoenix many times and love it. Now that speed limits are 85 on interstate on west TX, it may be better to take back roads. Good luck on the quest for a new JK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah he doesnt like cars at all, has to be something to mount the kayak and surfboard and bicycle (very outdoorsy). So i tell him nothing looks sexier doing that than a jeep. I think ill take him offroading with me first to see if he really wants this or its just a phase. And even if he doesnt get one i still have mine!

I took mine out towards NM from ATX it really is beautiful. I have a softop so it was a lil loud but i dont mind it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
There's no way to force someone into getting a Jeep. That goes against the entire idea of the thing. It's a calling, an inert force that draws one to the vehicle. If he doesn't feel the part of the off-roading, doorless, topless, outback adventurer, then he's not going to be right for a Wrangler. And the SOB probably won't wave. So unless he loves it and needs it, keep on going.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fyi im not forcing anyone just like i wouldnt "try to convince" my sports-car-driving brother into getting a jk i know it doesnt work that way. but my bf already waves when he drives mine and loves the topless doorless feel. just hasnt gone out to the rocks n mud b/c he lives out of the area but he is looking forward to going out

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just try it

It's always good to have a bf who waves when your topless!

:laughing2:

Tell him if he doesn't like it, they have great resale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts