JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a few years of abuse my trans cross member is so mangled I can't stop the exhaust from rattling against it and my skid plate. I think it also may be part of a driveline vibe I been chasing. I have researched and found a bunch with varying prices from 125-550! What's the hottness these days?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Synergy makes one that is a cross member and skid all in one. Could be a pain to service something under it since it appears all is supported by it.

https://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Heavy-Duty-Transmission-Skid-Plate-p-16850.html

Anyone have any experience with Synergys skid? Do you have other brand skids attached to it?

Here is Poison Spyders
http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK-Undercarriage-Armor-Protection-s/99.htm

Evolution off road
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO.ProTek.Exhaust.Tranny

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Synergy makes a standalone cross member as well and it is beef. I've run factory, fulltraction, or-fab, and now the synergy crossmember in my rig. The synergy is by far the nicest of the bunch. Haven't gotten to really test it yet save for one good rausch trip but have no doubt in my mind it will hold up to my abuse as it seemed to shrug off any hit I gave it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I ran the full Synergy crossmember/skid setup on my '09. It is a badass and bomb-proof system. Highly recommended if you are comfortable laying down that kind of scratch.

Something to bear in mind though.....keep the correct allen wrenches for it in your trail tool kit. If you have a break, prepare to wait for it to cool down there or wear protective clothes....then deploy arms of incredible length to reach under there and hold the backing nuts to get your t-case skid off. Ask me how I know.:suicide:

One cheap option out there that no one has reported on yet is the Rough Country HD crossmember. The price is right for sure, and their products are solid these days.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Synergy HD …that way if you decide to add additional undercarriage armor, you've already got the base of the system.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I did the synergy one when they had a closeout on the older models (pre-2012).

It's solid for sure, and is a skid, not just a crossmember. It will make repairs a bit tougher if you need to get up in the transmission/TC area, but I've seen very few repairs needed in that area anyway. :dunno:

You also have to modify the factory TC skid, unless they changed it on the redesign. I plan on getting the Synergy TC skid down the road anyway.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tks everybody. I really like the synergy integrated skid combo! A bit more than I want to spend. Can't believe I haven't seen that before. Just wonder how much hacking I will have to do to combine it with my more engine skid. Also I wonder how much harder it makes removing the frt shaft? I seem to be taking mine out to grease it regularly because I can't get a needle greaser into the Double cardan.

I also see I could buy the Clayton long arm hd member for that price range and then build my own links down the road. Not really necessary but...

Decisions decisions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
506 Posts
Im still waiting for nemesis to come out with their full skidplate system. It also includes a new hd crossmember.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Synergy makes a standalone cross member as well and it is beef. I've run factory, fulltraction, or-fab, and now the synergy crossmember in my rig. The synergy is by far the nicest of the bunch. Haven't gotten to really test it yet save for one good rausch trip but have no doubt in my mind it will hold up to my abuse as it seemed to shrug off any hit I gave it.
I had one of these on my '09 as well, but ditched it in favor of a PSC x-member and Synergy's "budget" center skid. The Synergy crossmember / skid had to be extensively modded to work with the long arm upgrade I installed, and I didn't like the fact it made getting to u-joints & trans / t-case cables difficult. On the positive side, it could be pounded on and show no ill effects. Great product if it fits your setup.

·
Registered
231 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts