JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have some pics of the HD Customs slant back tire carrier, I checked the site and its still under construction....

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
they were this inspiration for my carrier mods!

I gotta say tho, after lifting a 37" MTR on a recentered humvee wheel up onto it a few times, the HDC lift/lower system sure would be awesome.....

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I know HD-Customs is on break. But a bump just in case anyone has heard anything.
I don't think he said he was on a break persay he stated that he now has another job and works 2 weeks at a time. He spends half time working his company.
If you really want one you will have to be persistent when trying to reach him and use the phone as he doesn't check this site often.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great looking bumber and good ideas but sounds like they need to work on their PR and advertising.

·
Registered
50 Posts
...any new developments on this item..?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Given his history I wouldn't expect him to be posting any updates. He can't keep up with what he gets now so if you think you want one you will have to pick up a phone to get in line for one... In know in a few weeks I plan to call to get in line for a sport version again ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Seriously how the heck do you lift that bitch up to there?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
it aint easy by myself, but I can do it
not too bad with 2 people

TWF wheel /37" tire combo = ~150lbs

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Looks neat, but not functional at all. You lose a lot of cargo space by going with the slantback roof to begin with and then trying to load or unload an oversized tire on a lifted rig at an angle must be extremely difficult. Or I'm just not man enough. Either way..I prefer Form<Function every time.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Looks neat, but not functional at all. You lose a lot of cargo space by going with the slantback roof to begin with and then trying to load or unload an oversized tire on a lifted rig at an angle must be extremely difficult. Or I'm just not man enough. Either way..I prefer Form<Function every time.
you're sooo right.
you definitely dont gain departure angles or anything by moving it up there.

I was so worried about cargo space I almost bought an excursion instead.
because cargo space that far above the bodyline in the very rear of the jeep is such a premium spot!

Still carried a 65" mitsubishi home just fine ;)

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
hopes and dreams..... and that guy from the planet fitness commercial!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts