JKOwners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have no need for the camera is it available with out it? I'm trying to figure out how to mount a plate on a factory wheel with the new PSC bumper and this looks perfect!
no, i believe that its only made with the camera and back up light style. But you could just trim it down. It is just aluminum, so it wont be to hard to cut.

·
Registered
549 Posts
no, i believe that its only made with the camera and back up light style. But you could just trim it down. It is just aluminum, so it wont be to hard to cut.
I've talked to Jarrett about it already, in fact it showed up today:bounce:! Now I need my bumper and carrier to show and off to powdercoat it all goes.

·
Registered
8,354 Posts
I have no need for the camera is it available with out it? I'm trying to figure out how to mount a plate on a factory wheel with the new PSC bumper and this looks perfect!
If you read the original post, it sounds like the camera is optional. The pictures also show how it would look without a camera so I think yes, you can get it without one but your best bet would be to give Jarrett a call to confirm.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you read the original post, it sounds like the camera is optional. The pictures also show how it would look without a camera so I think yes, you can get it without one but your best bet would be to give Jarrett a call to confirm.
See post directly above yours.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone know what camera he is using? I have has his product on since he released it and today my garage door and camera got into a fight. Unfortunately for me the garage door won and broke the mounts on the camera and pinched the wires and cut them.

I'd like to replace it with the same camera and have a call into Jarret but was just curious if anyone knew which camera it was and if it was available elsewhere. I'd like to keep it all the same so the RCA and power adapter that I already have ran will work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello All,

We have had these developed for a while now but have just gotten the first production run of them finished.

HD Customs License Plate Relocation Mount Features:

-Mounts through the center of your spare tire's wheel hub opening.

-Re-uses your factory license plate lamp for identical night-time plate visibility. Just snaps into place!

-Has high intensity, high visibility marine grade red LED strip light for 3rd brake light. Mounted as high as possible in the bracket for maximum visibility.

-Features HD Customs unique back-up camera mount. Designed around the Costal Electronics (makers of MyGig LockPick Modules) Bar Style back-up camera with infrared night vision. Camera mounting location is positioned in such a fashion as to not allow any "light wash" from the license plate lamp. This eliminates any "hazing" viewed on the monitor due to light glare on the camera lens.

-Constructed from durable .125" (1/8") steel for strength and maximum service life.

-Standard mount includes stainless steel hardware, powder-coat, LED 3rd brake light.

-Available bare steel or powder-coated in our durable premium tri-stage powder-coating process. Black textured powder-coat is standard.

-Available with Bar Camera.

-Available as complete package including Mount, MyGig LockPick Module, Bar Camera.

Starting at $129.00 Please email to [email protected] for package pricing and shipping estimates. Thanks!

Damn but I want one of these, in fact am willing to commit extreme felonious acts to get my hands on one :mr-t: anyone know how to get hold of these guys, their website doesn't seem to work????

·
Registered
316 Posts
Give up no one will ever call you back. I have tried 3 times in the past 2 months. :pissed:

·
Registered
256 Posts
bracket

Same here just tried yesterday and e-mail was returned not working. Maybe they closed.

·
Registered
8,354 Posts
Same here just tried yesterday and e-mail was returned not working. Maybe they closed.
e-mail is probably not working because their host got hacked a little while back and I dont know if he has gotten the chance to fully transistion yet.

He is not closed - just busy:

Hey All,

Now, I'd like to take a moment to address what's going on with HD Customs. As was stated in an earlier thread we were faced with some difficult business decisions on what direction to take the company. We ultimately decided on keeping things true to our name and remain quality-driven by staying small scale. We lack the required capitol to increase production and purchase large scale manufacturing equipment. Our products remain the premium offering for your Jeep JK, however, production is quite limited in regards to quantity. Recently I was approached by a friend of mine who made me a job offer that was too good to turn down, it's exactly what HD Customs needed. The offer will allow me to work on a two week rotation, have consistent steady income, and continue to grow HD Customs in the opposing 2 weeks. HD Customs will continue to build its product line while simultaneously generating additional capitol to help the business thrive. Production will be limited even more at first but we are in negotiations with another high quality manufacturer to help produce some of our components to speed up our manufacturing process.

Bottom line is this: HD Customs is here to stay, we may have to fade back into the shadows temporarily, but we're not going anywhere. We have MANY exciting and innovative new product ideas just waiting to go into development and look forward to the day we can begin implementing them.

-Jarrett

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow how much is enough??

I think HD Customs makes a GREAT looking product. It seems to be one of the best out there period. I have never heard of such a bad business plan though. I know he made the decision to concentrate on fewer units to insure they were the cream of the crop but come on. It seems like everything one of these threads are brought back to the top it's because nobody can get in touch with this guy. I know I'm going to hear how busy he is but come on enough already. Now the web site has been hacked, so busy you can't answer the phone, up until 3am answering emails. Really?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think that we all agree hd makes some wicked parts. I also think poison spyder or lod should design similar products, so we could buy them. Once again i called hd and i still have had no luck. :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:<== get the point!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Try the ORO relacation bracket ant third brakelight kit. Then I added a $3.00 extension bracket from pep boys to mount the cam! Fits most cams!
I did something like this^

The problem I am having now is that at night when the license plate light is on, it drowns out the IR on the camera and the video on my MyGiG is all washed out and hard to see.
So, since I cant get on the HD customs site and from the previous posts they are not returning calls, I'll make my own version of this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What's the price of the bracket, Lockpick, and camera shipped to 70126?

Sent from my iPhone learning something new everyday!

61 - 80 of 91 Posts