JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you PM me for possible purchase on this item? Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
My question is if you had to get the spare off today can you do that or do you need to get the quick disco's first? How was the wiring for this set up did it connect easy?
The way it is wired on mine, I can disconnect everything within a minute or 2 and then take the spare off. The stop light is connected via a 'ball-and-socket' type connector (don't know the name), the rest are simple plugs.

The video RCA cable is the only iffy one, but I know you can buy an automotive grade plug which you can splice all the wires into so that there is only 1 plug that you need to disconnect. The video line might have a bunch of little separate wires in them that can be problematic but it might be possible. I'd have to do some more digging on RCA cables.

The main issue I have is finding a way to waterproof all the connections but at the same time, make it easy to disconnect. The way it stands, water will creep down into the connections and eventually (2-5 yrs?) corrode them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got mine installed. Nicely made product. I did mod mine a bit to suck it deeper in the wheel and also to run an aftermarket led plate light.
Thanks HD for a great product. :beer:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ordered mine on Tuesday and it will be here today minus the camera (back-ordered). My advice is try calling a few times as that is what worked for me

·
Registered
212 Posts
Installed a HD License Relocation mount with 3rd brake light today. Painted the license plate plug to match the body color, I bought 2 plugs and will try painting the 2nd one as the 1st attempt was OK but could be better

I tested everything and it worked great but I blew the 3rd brake light when I hooked the wrong wires up to the light (ground to hot and vice versa) when I was putting everything back together correctly/clean. I didn't notice until after my test drive. Such an idiot mistake. I am going to order a couple spares when I get in touch with HD again.

Rearview camera is on backorder, he was hoping to have them by next week but I am ready to go. The new head-unit is installed and I just need to plug in the camera and its good to go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
one of my friends took one of those cameras and put it up under his jeep so he could see as he wheels. works pretty good can see both front tires and axle pretty cool

·
Registered
899 Posts
Do you guys have these in stock and ready to ship? Would like to order one ASAP.

My factory one was ripped off so I am currently without rear plate at the moment. And the TeraFlex All Jeep Show is on June 4th, only 1 1/2 weeks away. Would like to be sporting one for the show if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This is an unsolicited testimonial.

The HD Customs License Plate Relocation Bracket is GREAT. It does many things and does them well.

1) It allows you to get rid of that "Rock & Tree Catcher" that Jeep calls a License Plate mount.

2) It gives you a great location for the third LED brake light, yet does so without hindering your rear vision by requiring a tall stand-up 3rd light mount.

3) It gives you a great location for a rear camera mount. For anyone with the MyGig Nav system you can buy the MyGig Lockpick and watch video from a front and/or rear camera on your radio at any speed.

4) It is available in ALuminum with helps keep the weight down to next to nothing.

I LOVE the unit I bought from Jarret. He is the best thing about HD Customs. He is a great guy to work with. He cares about doing things right and his love of wheeling shows up in his product designs.

I am anxiously awaiting my new Shrockworks rear bumper. The minute it is on my Jeep I will immediately reinstall my HD Customs License Plate Relocation Bracket. If you have been thinking about getting one, stop thinking and start buying. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have no need for the camera is it available with out it? I'm trying to figure out how to mount a plate on a factory wheel with the new PSC bumper and this looks perfect!

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.