JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Back in the day I had some and liked them. Usally a quality product.
I have tried a few of the shallow subs in my jeep. Pioneer, kicker and now I am running a skar audio 12.
The skar sounds the best to me.
But with the shallow subs I have noticed I miss the low bass notes more. Hard for them to get down around the 30hz mark.
Probably going back to a Sundown X 8 again.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I dyno matted the stock enclosure, stuffed it with poly fill then used a double spacer ring and stuck an alpine type R into that shit It hits pretty damn hard for an 8". I am pushing the entire system with an Alpine PDX V9 which seems to do more then an ample job.

The specs on the Type R 8" are about dead on with the stock enclosure volume on the 2013 and models. They require a very small enclosure compared to a lot of subs I looked at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I pulled the plug and bought the Cerwin Vega and installed it under the passenger seat. Fit perfect and all I can say is WOW!!!!

Sorry but the kicker hideaway has nothing on this!!!!

I installed with the infinity upgrade, I did swap out the stock infinity with kickers in the bar and up front.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You must have a 4 dr. The only under seat sub that I'm aware of that fits under a 2 dr is the Kenwood sub. And that just barely fits but makes a big difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts