JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those not sure what this is it is the commanche truck made by jeep in the late 80's. Guy in my club might be selling his. It's beat up but I was thinking of using it to build a trail buggy/rig.

What are your thoughts. I suspect the suspension is shot at this point as he has DW on the vehicle but I was thinking of swapping out the axles as the first task.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MJ's are great trucks. I've owned several of them over the years and really like them. Basicly a XJ with the roof cut off, but, the bed is seperate from the cab, so they had to make the "uni-body-frame" beefy. Lots of suspension parts available, since 99% of the XJ parts fit.

Here is a picture of a 1988 I built and sold about two years ago (and might be for sale again).

Here is my current truck, a 1992, that is in the process of getting tricked-out.

I'd recommend getting a 1991 or newer, to get the better 4.0L engine/injection system. Good luck, go for it!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah this one needs serious help but I was thining a 4.0 engine swap for starters. This would be a good truck to build up and learn on. Like to gut it and half truggy it. gas tank is already relocated into the bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.