JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of mounting the winch control box in a remote location.
If anyone has done this , can you include pics?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have installed one right in front of the battery. The difference is you need to extend the connections to the winch instead of running long power wires to the battery. Not really that difficult. I don't have pictures as I've now have a superwinch and just left the controler out front.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
if your lucky you can just use the winch to seliniod wires to the battery and vice-versa and save some cash.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
i also moved my M8000 box under the hood and moved the socket fo the conrtoller in the console. i have no pics but i will be re-doing it soon becasue i used poor quality wire and my winch is not working correctly (hopefully thats why). when i re-do it ill take pics

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did not remove or relocate the stock remote, I just added control switches in the cab. I have mine through my sPOD because I had the switches to do it. I may remount an on/off switch on the dash if I need the sPOD switches for other stuff. The sPOD is kind off overkill for a winch switch.

Are you wanting to put the remote in a safer location or a location where you will not be in the mud? If you put it in the cab and can convince your passenger to set the winch line, your not even going to get wet.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Are you just trying to reduce the height of the winch in the front to let more airflow into the radiator? Are you doing this for security reasons?
There are ways to separate the solenoid / relay control box but it is not worth the time and energy.
I personally use the Warn wireless remote to control my winch. This saves time and is very convenient to use while sitting in the cab or off on a ledge controlling it wirelessly! (is this a word?)
http://www.warn.com/atv/winches/wireless_remote.shtml
Also this frees up switches in my sPOD for for other accessories.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Installed mine just in front of the battery. Made a bar to mount it to. I did it because I had to. Did not have a remote either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts