JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing a custom 4-link setup on my JKU and wanted to know if anyone has done one. If so please post up some pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I was thinking about doing a custom 4-link setup on my JKU
Brilliant minds think alike :D

I plan on doing this, but most probably not until the winter, so don't have too much to offer right now.

Relocating the gas tank will be the first job, GenRight offer a tank that fits at the back (requires removal of tool/storage thing) and that is one solution I'm considering. I'll have move my coilovers over the axle too, most probably up into the trunk area.

I plan on triangulated upper arms and straight lowers at the rear. The uppers will run to a truss and the inside of the frame rails, the lowers will run from the side of the axle to the frame, haven't decided if inside or outside the frame yet, but they will mount at the centerline of the tubes, so there will be nothing hanging down below the axle at all.

Arms will be DOM with a LH thread Johnny joint at one end, and RH thread Johnny joint at the other, so I can rotate the DOM to adjust.

There are a few suspension geometry calculators around that will help with anti squat calculations etc.

Be interested in seeing what anyone else has done...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look of trusses and a custom triangulated 4-link. Theres just something about them to me. I had the same idea on the 4-link design but did not know about any calculators. Thanks for that. 60's and coilovers are the next big project I have in mind for my JKU. Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'll have to get the details but a guy in our club runs custom triangulated four links with coilovers on his jk and a rear dana 60. Along with some other goodies like a rubicon t-case and rubicrawler plus sticky maxxis creepy crawlers etc.

·
Registered
865 Posts
send a PM to "toothprick". he has just finished doing his. looks almost like phild drew up the plans, gas tank and all except he did a 2 door.

·
Registered
239 Posts
3link front. Parallel triangulated 4link rear. Stretch 8 inches rear 1 in front. All made from my head and a shit load of 1/4 inch plate. Still under construction but hear you go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a sweet ass comp cut JK.:beer: Looks good Toothprick. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Co4Lo:

That is a great setup you have as well! Looks like it was done well. Nice job

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or you could go this route!

We offer a reverse trianguled 4 link assembly in a DIY format. Here is a link to it!

Good Luck with your build. Let us know how it turns out...

RK
That would be awesome if it were for a 4 door as well:bawling:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toothprick:

Did you build that rear tire carrier? That thing is sweet lookin too!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome job on it. I know the feeling that it never ends haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts