JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 JKU and ever since I put the freedom top on after the last nice day out it sounds like a whistle from the passengers panel. I took it off and reseated both sides but it did not help. The gaskets look good and not pinched and it stays dry inside. I looked at the doors as well on that side. I cannot figure it out. Maybe someone here may have had this issue before and can help. It’s driving me nuts. No I do not have a soft top to put on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
I have a 17 JKU and ever since I put the freedom top on after the last nice day out it sounds like a whistle from the passengers panel. I took it off and reseated both sides but it did not help. The gaskets look good and not pinched and it stays dry inside. I looked at the doors as well on that side. I cannot figure it out. Maybe someone here may have had this issue before and can help. It’s driving me nuts. No I do not have a soft top to put on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
use that iPhone to record a YouTube video you can paste the link to within this thread. If you didn’t have this the last time you ran the hardtop , and u do now, you’ve installed something incorrectly. There’s an order in which you install the freedom top and panels that’s well documented within your owner manual . If you want possible assistance from an online forum for a sound, it’s gonna be best to provide a sample of the sound .
Of course, the easiest and most basic troubleshooting of this is full panel and top removal then reinstalling from the back to the panels all over prior to looking elsewhere. It may be the alignment of the hardtop that disallowed the panel to sit properly....

:jeep2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 07 whistles as well. In my case it comes from where the 2 panels meet at the front edge at the top of the windshield. I shim the clamps that pull the panel down in the front with a thin strip of cardboard. That pulls the panels down a little tighter.
Try pushing up on each of the panels when it makes the noise and see if it changes at all. That might help you narrow it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts