JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, before I get replies to check websites (not paying $200 for something I can make for less than $50) - I am looking to build a pulley system myself. I have a decent idea of the basics of how I should set it up...

Has anyone made a pulley system for their 07JK 2 door hardtop?? I will take any advice I can get!!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Recently added Warrior Black Diamond Plate Rear Corners... Tuesday I'll be adding 5 inch Warrior Black Diamond Plate Sideplates...

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Here is my SUPER simple setup.
  • 2x4
  • boat crank
  • pully
  • steel wire
  • 2 wire clamps
  • 1 screw in ring
  • 3 screw in bike hangers

Made in 30 minutes for 90 bucks... If you have a boat crank or can find a used one, you could do this for under 30 bucks.. It's basic but works... Hope that helps...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Airric, Thanks for the help. Exactly the kind of idea I had... anyone else? thanks again dude

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
if you wanna be super groovy, hit up harbor freight for a 880lb electric hoist for $60 (when they're on sale, $100 the rest of the time) and you get to do the cool push button hard top levitation trick or $20 for a hand crank unit
gonna make a door lift contraption so I can store my doors against the ceiling of the shop via one of the electric hoist deals eventually

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks... not a bad idea... Thank god for Harbor Frieght... Have hand cranks right now for 9.99$ so I do that and keep and eye for the electric hoist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts