JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
Okay, for posterity . . .

@da20captain, do the edges of your rear glass line up with the edges of your tailgate, or is the rear glass wider than the tailgate? My understanding was that the wider glass began in 2010. I also thought the center latch began the same year. I think you might be able to supply "the missing link" with your '09.

I'm also under the impression that the footman loop was moved at some point. I was thinking in '12, but it makes sense that it would've begun with the new interior in 2011. If you could post a photo of your center footman loop/latch, it would be appreciated.

At any rate, my '08 top has no center latch and I would assume the '07 didn't either (OP said his was '07). It seems odd that they would change the tops in '09, '10, 'and again in 11 or '12, but I'm always happy to be re-educated. :)
Hard top started using front latch on footman loop in '09 model year (production started in 2008 calendar year).
Footman loop was moved ~3" to the left at the same time Jeep started using it for the hard top latch (no coincidence).

Wider glass definitely didn't happen until after the '10 model year - that's '11 or '12 model year new-fangledness there.

So . . . you're bass-ackwards an' all fooked up on this one - ^^^ there's half of the map :thankyou:

·
Registered
95 Posts
While I cannot help with your issues, I have one thing to point out. That little loop has been on Jeeps for a LONG time because it is there so that when you lay down the front windshield, forward onto the hood, you can secure it using that hoop and the one on the hood.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions ExWrench, i'll check out home depot tomorrow and see what i can gather up for the tubing.

As for the missing parts, yes, you are correct, I am missing them. I bought the JK used about 2 years ago and the owner before me had already lost the rubber "feet". I had NO idea they were even supposed to be there until i started doing some research on this issue I've been having. A LOT of people are saying they have misplaced theirs and i was able to find a part # for the item (as opposed to buying new hinges).

Stock Code: 68036552AA

jeep hard top rubber latch feet

I may order these since they're so cheap, but if the piping method works then ill stick with that.
The relocation of the footman loop sounds effective, but I have no experience in welding, and I've heard that the newer model tops have a 4 pin alignment system as opposed to a 2 pin. (2 per side, the pins insert into the pre drilled hole on the roll cage.) How might i be able to reinforce the plastic panel surface?
thanks for the part# I have a 2007 and have the exact same problem

21 - 24 of 24 Posts