JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to go to Hardrock Offroad, but am a little concerned about the terrain. I'm used to mud and not much else. Is this a place for a somewhat novice offroader. I have a buddy so won't be alone. but some of the videos of the hills seem to be a bit much for us. Also how crowded is it on the weekends, or is weekdays a better choice. Thanks for advice.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I did some of my first wheeling ever there. However it helps to have someone there that has been there before and knows the layout. There are some trails you shouldn't go on as a novice and from my memory, they aren't exactly marked. I think it would be fine for a novice just take your time and don't go over any blind crests until you know what's on the other side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This was one of my first off road places in my jeep and I did fine with just tires. There are places that if you don't feel comfortable doing, that there are "go arounds". Just trust your jeep and your instincts. After you conquer you first major obstacle, you'll feel better about the others. Have fun, you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My opinion is if you roll with at lease ONE person you can learn from, and at least one other vehicle, you cant lose... barring outright stupidity.

Speaking of stupid- I am about to drive 600 miles for my first rock trip, in Clayton, OK.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live about an hour away and it doesn't take to much to get me to go. Been many times. PM me if you want a guide.

I can run nearly every hill in a '58 Willys, open diffs. But I know what to expect and know my limitations.

Weekdays are better, less crowded. Call them to confirm they will be open and hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts