JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use for storage of the hard top? Leave it hanging on a which set up? Cart? Homemade storage solution? Looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance!

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Four 3/8" eye bolts screwed into ceiling joists from which I hang a tie down strap and attach hook at the top corner in the rear with the glass in the up position and the front two to the rear top corner of the rear window on my 4 door. do a search, there are pictures on the forum. No need to get super fancy and over engineer.

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
I have mine wrapped-up in UV resistant, waterproof Harbor Freight tarpolines lashed down with industrial bungee cords and resting upon two shipping pallets that I cut in half down the middle to make four support half-palettes for the bundled up , swaddled Freedom Top up off the ground and ( hopefully) protected from the weather. I have run the TrekTop NX for 2 seasons now and just haven't had any need to run the hardtop nor the desire for extra weight. I need to get in there and scrub it down as i am sure some mold or splash-up dirt has accumulated and those things are freaking expensive. I hope to have a garage soon to suspend it from the ceiling properly but till then, that is how I store it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts