JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the hard top. Has anyone come up with a cheap easy way to hoist their hard top. I have seen the ones you can buy and they seem pricey. I was thinking to set up some sort of block and tackle to lift mine on the cheap. Anyone seen anything on that? Also. I have seen the tumb screws to make removing easier. Are those the best or are there some other quick disconnects?

thanks
Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
See my sig for a good DIY solution ... makes it a simple one-man job to hoist it off the Jeep and store it safely.

·
Registered
420 Posts
See my sig for a good DIY solution ... makes it a simple one-man job to hoist it off the Jeep and store it safely.
Please post your DIY option for those of us banned at the other forum - thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
One of the best I've seen, pretty much exactly what I'd like to do - thanks for the post!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Home made lift

I just bought 1 1/4 inch square 14 gauge tubing and welded it up in the shape of an I then drilled and mounted eye bolts and strap this to the top and re strung a come a long with 30 ft of cable. I then used several pullies to change the diretion and used eye lag bolts to mount it in the garage. Works like a charm and cost about 75.00 total. hope this helps. Chris

·
Registered
900 Posts
I just bought 1 1/4 inch square 14 gauge tubing and welded it up in the shape of an I then drilled and mounted eye bolts and strap this to the top and re strung a come a long with 30 ft of cable. I then used several pullies to change the diretion and used eye lag bolts to mount it in the garage. Works like a charm and cost about 75.00 total. hope this helps. Chris
Any pics?

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
14ers
479 Posts
what about storage?

Anyone try one of those racks you can whell around and also put the doors on? I don't want to suspend mine from the ceiling. I already have too many scars on top :shaking:

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts