JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a hardtop for my 2dr JK, My question is that the top is 2 hours from my home so do I need to remove my soft top or can I just fold it down and install the hardtop for now?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The dual top option ships from the factory with both tops (soft top installed under the hard top), but the manual tells you not to do this, and to remove one top or the other. Not sure why.

So, I guess you can do it, but your not supposed to.

I'd do it long enough to get home.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sounds like a 2 hour topless ride to pick up your new top.

Edit: I'd hate to get down there 2 hours away the new top doesn't fit because of the other one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my Jeep new in 2012, and I leave the soft top on under the hard top every winter. I have had zero problems (no damage, nothing). It makes it a bit more difficult to get at the Torx screws that secure the hard top (emphasis on "bit"), but other than that it's the thing to do. Not worth the time to remove it, when you'll just end up putting it back on in a few months time anyway

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my Jeep new in 2012, and I leave the soft top on under the hard top every winter. I have had zero problems (no damage, nothing). It makes it a bit more difficult to get at the Torx screws that secure the hard top (emphasis on "bit"), but other than that it's the thing to do. Not worth the time to remove it, when you'll just end up putting it back on in a few months time anyway
I gave it a lot of thought and did remove it for sparky my 4 legged fur spotter. Gives him more room back there. All went well , top came off a 2016 and mine is a 2015 but did fit so I don't think there has been any changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts