JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the dealer replaced all the seals around the rear of my hard top. The water was coming in around the sub woofer, and started to rust the bracket that hold the speaker box to the floor. I washed it today, and guess what...more water!!! The dealer said they water checked it, and no leaks...but when it rains or I wash it...I have wet carpet. I did take the rusting bracket off today, sanded it, primed it, painted it, and put it all back together....but I don't think that it's going to help if it constantly leaks.... Any ideas what to do next???

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
make sure the weather stripping isnt folded anywhere. i noticed a new leak the other day after washing. checked it out and the weather stripping had folded back on its self.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Quite possible also, that the leak is in between the front panels and the rear hardtop. It's hollow in there and the water can channel through the hardtop from the front to the back....where the top & sides meet.

The 1st picture is the seal between the front panels and the rear hardtop- where the leak might be coming from.

The other 3 pics are where the water might be exiting at the rear of the hardtop where the strut hardware, defroster & wiper wires are attached for the rear window.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts