JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know I know, most of you are probably going to tell me why would I ever want a hard tire cover and to just put a real 5th wheel on the back. I hardly off road and honestly don't need a 5th wheel (just keep my stock). Plus, I want to use the hard tire cover for promotional purposes, to paint my company logo on the back. Have any of you bought this or have it? Pics or review would be appreciated. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09-JEEP-WRANGLER-JK-HARD-TIRE-COVER-PAINTED-FACE_W0QQitemZ200332888406QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item200332888406&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...why do you say that? Is this bad quality? As I made clear in my initial post, I really don't care with others think. I don't do much off roading and the whole purpose of this is so I can put a big company logo on the back.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously, I thought this was supposed to be the un-bias JK forum. I understand I'm dealing with a buncha off roading fanatics so I expected a little criticism for this post; but to each their own.

Although I could have bought a Hummer, or even a G-Wagen I decided on the Jeep because I liked all the options I have in terms of customization. This is one of 5 in my stable and I really bought it to serve as a beach car. There's not too much off roading or rock climbing to be done on my island (Oahu) so she mostly stays on pavement sadly. I'll say it again, the whole purpose of the hard tire cover is so I can put a company logo on it for promotional purposes; otherwise I'd just get a 5th wheel.

Now back to the original subject...does anyone have any experience with this? I know most of you are thinking "why would ya", but those that aren't care to provide me with any useful information?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well it looks like the cover has a high gloss finish, so from what I know (was a house painter for a long time, no EXP at all in auto painting) that without some good prep work, your paited logo might not take well. If you want to just re-do the whole thing and prime/paint yourself, there may be cheaper options for something unfinished. With that cover I'd suggest, FWIW, to go vinyl on it.

As far as the critisism, Im sure most are ust fawkin with you, as most people here respect the whole "Its yours, do with it what you will", but there is always, everywhere, a small % of people just looking to bully, or jump on a bandwagon against someone. Hopefully all these guys are just fawkin with you. Wish I knew more about painting over high gloss auto paint, but I dont so my $0.02 would be to go vinyl.

EDIT: I don't mean a vinyl wheel cover, just vinyl logo

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In one my recent Quadratec or 4wd catalogs that came there was a new hardcover out for the spare tire that would likely work for you...and it looks more like it belongs on a Jeep...:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sahara, while I appreciate the looking out homie, that link is the same thing they're selling on eBay in the link I initially pasted...and for $50 more! :hide:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think they are just giving you the business. :beer:
In the line of thought that if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly,
instead of just the tire cover what about wrapping the entire jeep? Much more exposure and you can customize. Don't know the company below, just grabbed their link for an example.
http://www.wrapvehicles.com/examples/

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
DISCLAIMER....DISCLAIMER.....DISCLAIMER: Im just giving you the business.

Now that we have the legal stuff out of the way......

He said "BEACH CAR"........:D :laughing2: :laughing2: :stirthepot:

corey d

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sahara, while I appreciate the looking out homie, that link is the same thing they're selling on eBay in the link I initially pasted...and for $50 more! :hide:
lol Oops. I probably should have taken a look at the link, but I hadn't seen it posted anywhere else, because I dno't think there's much demand for it. If the guy has the size you want, go for it. Worst thing that can happen is you hate it and take it off, but since it's a business expense you can still write it off regardless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts