JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
My wife and I are looking hard at a JK and we both have options requirements. She wants the Freedom hard top and I want black fenders. She wants red and I want the rear equiped with the electric locker (which also forces the elec sway bar disconnect).
We are having REAL problems finding an X model with all of these options from a dealership. Is it possible to get this jeep? Will it have to be special ordered? We'd really rather not spend 35k on a rubicon.
Thanks for any advice... :beer:

A

·
0 Posts
The electric sway bar disco only comes with the Rubicon and is independent of the lockers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense, however when I "build my jeep" on jeep.com when I put the rear locker option on it, a pop up box tells me that the ASB disconnect will be automatically included (for the tune of another $750).

Makes it seem like I can't get one without the other.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
as to the fender gig, unless you go with a sahara, you get black fenders - painted fenders are a sahara trait
As far as the locker you can always install an aftermarket :bounce:
good luck and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
630 Posts
The Elec swaybar disconnect is an option on the "X" models.

Where in the country are you located? I know a few dealers on the west coast that jumped on ordering the "X" model jeeps with the now available rear locker and elec disconnect.

This became an option less then two months ago and with a 6 week build time unless dealers jumped on this right away there is no chance they have one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
venom - a local dealership said he could throw some of the black fenders on a saraha if we really wanted them, however they couldn't install the locker. It'd have to be ordered.

vegasjeep - We're in Virginia. I doubt any of our local dealers jumped on getting any 'x' models with the locker option. :shaking:

Might just live with no locker and install an after market later on.

Thanks guys.:beer:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
venom - a local dealership said he could throw some of the black fenders on a saraha if we really wanted them, however they couldn't install the locker. It'd have to be ordered.
I wonder what that would do to the value at trade-in/resale time?
Since the painted fenders are a 'feature' of the sahara package.
I'm sure the painted fenders cost a lot more, so if you do go for a sahara with 'standard' fenders, you should really be entitled to some sort of allowance since they get to keep the more expensive part and replace it with a cheaper part.
Realistically though, they'll probably want to charge you for a set of flares AND keep the painted ones.:shaking:

When I bought my JK, they were super scarce. The local dealer couldn't find me a Rubi at all, let alone exactly what I wanted - they were talking a 4 month wait on ordering one. 1 dealer about 50 miles away had a Rubi on the lot, and they were willing to deal on it (small town in the middle of nowhere in TX) so I ended up with my 3rd choice of colors and it didn't have mygig, but I've really grown to like the redrock and you can buy a heck of a stereo/dvd/nav sysytem for a lot less than the $1200 Jeep gets for mygig!

Luckily things have changed now and they're more plentiful and hopefully you can get exactly what you want!

Of course, that being the situation, NOW the dealer a mile from my house has a Detonator Yellow Rubi with mygig sitting there taunting me every day, daring me to trade :thefinger:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder what that would do to the value at trade-in/resale time?
Since the painted fenders are a 'feature' of the sahara package.
I'm sure the painted fenders cost a lot more, so if you do go for a sahara with 'standard' fenders, you should really be entitled to some sort of allowance since they get to keep the more expensive part and replace it with a cheaper part.
Realistically though, they'll probably want to charge you for a set of flares AND keep the painted ones.:shaking:
Maybe I'll buy the black fenders and keep both sets just in case we decide to trade it at some point. Atleast then I would be paying for something I didn't get. I'm gonna keep looking...

The wifey says she wants it before beach time (~1 month) so ordering is out. :shaking:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Maybe I'll buy the black fenders and keep both sets just in case we decide to trade it at some point. Atleast then I would be paying for something I didn't get. I'm gonna keep looking...

The wifey says she wants it before beach time (~1 month) so ordering is out. :shaking:
the fenders will never add value on trade in or on resale in 99% of the cases. you could buy a sahara and buy some take off black fender flares in new condition from someone who had upgraded.
sell the painted flares on ebay and ill bet you will and up getting what you paid for the black take offs, installation and maybe a couple bucks extra.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
The fender skins are really easy to change btw. Ctimrun swapped out his painted fenders for some off an X and cash.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
the fenders will never add value on trade in or on resale in 99% of the cases. you could buy a sahara and buy some take off black fender flares in new condition from someone who had upgraded.
sell the painted flares on ebay and ill bet you will and up getting what you paid for the black take offs, installation and maybe a couple bucks extra.
I'm not saying painted ones necessarily add value, I'm just thinking that taking something that is part of the package off may detract from it

I know if I went to buy it used and it was missing something it was supposed to have I would use that as a bargaining tool

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not saying painted ones necessarily add value, I'm just thinking that taking something that is part of the package off may detract from it

I know if I went to buy it used and it was missing something it was supposed to have I would use that as a bargaining tool
painted fenders just have more paint to scratch in my opinion. We had a YJ that we used to take trail riding (thats why I want the rear locker). Its possible it will see tree limbs/trail marks.

Which brings me back to the locker issue. Any one know where to get a red/red rock "x" within 2 states of VA? My wife is in agreement to buy a Jeep! We're ready to buy! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
it's a little more than 2 states, but the dealer up the road from my house here in TX has red and red rock X's in stock :bounce:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
http://www.blakecdj.com/
hit inventory/new inventory/jeep/wrangler unlimited find the one you like then view details for options
if you see anything there you're interested in, I can cruise by and take a closer look/pics for you if you want - it's about 1 mile from my house
they're pretty desperate for sales now too

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ever thought about getting a used 4 door Rubicon? Got mine used with 4,500 miles on it for $23k... not bad at all and it beats the brakes off my X that was lifted with 35's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.blakecdj.com/
hit inventory/new inventory/jeep/wrangler unlimited find the one you like then view details for options
if you see anything there you're interested in, I can cruise by and take a closer look/pics for you if you want - it's about 1 mile from my house
they're pretty desperate for sales now too
Thanks. I just called because the website didn't have alot of the specs (wasn't working for somereason) and talked to a guy named Buster. He was cool and said he would look at the ones he has and call back if he found THE one for me.
I felt kinda dumb listing the crap I want, but hey I want what I want when it comes to 30k...:beer:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts