JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm putting together a 2016 Willy's edition 2 door that I purchased damaged without doors. It came from the factory with hard doors and full electric. I purchased a pair of 2008 electric doors on here and had them painted to match and the plug in's on the 2008 are different than the 2016. Anybody else run into this problem? Any ideas on what my easiest fix is?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi, I'm putting together a 2016 Willy's edition 2 door that I purchased damaged without doors. It came from the factory with hard doors and full electric. I purchased a pair of 2008 electric doors on here and had them painted to match and the plug in's on the 2008 are different than the 2016. Anybody else run into this problem? Any ideas on what my easiest fix is?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Even if plug is different you should be able to cut the plugs out and match up the wiring. Put a voltage meter on the wires from the Jeep and see what is what and put a 12v battery on the door wiring and mark them too. Add a quick disconnect if you want to be able to remove the doors. You may also be able to find wire colors from each year online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Or, go to a Jeep dealer and have them pop up the elect. schematics an see what's what. You can also try a search here on JKO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts