JKOwners Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I use the big angled wrenches for control arms and such. The combo wrenches are almost useless, unless they're a size that they don't sell an angle for.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with one of their media blaster guns? I already have a compressor, so i just need a gun and some silica.
You need a compressor that can keep up with media blasting. If you have a small el cheapo air compressor, it's not going to be effective.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I have a 20 gallon, 150 psi compressor... that should be fine, right?
It should be okay but it will probably cycle a lot. Be careful about hot long it's running and takes breaks as necessary.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Thanks! Have any advice on what gun to get? Gravity/siphon fed?
I've only done media using a blasting cabinet using a siphon gun. If you're doing a piece that will take a while or in a tight place, I don't think you want a gravity fed gun.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
was in a bind as I needed to mount up 5 new tires and no tire shops were open. I stopped by HF which is a couple minutes from my house and picked up a couple long forged tire irons for $4.99 a piece (forgot my 20% off coupon). I figured mounting a LT tire they would bend but dang had the new tires mounted in less then an hour doing it the old fashioned way.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Anybody had this TB

I need a rolling box for the garage. I looked at this last week and it seemed perfect for home use. Now it's on a wicked sale. Wondering if anyone has any experience with it.
My wife got me this for my birthday... My only complaint is that they put their logo on crooked! Lol.. Nice!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
So here's a question for you guys that have the Earthquake 1/2 inch impact wrenches.. HB is having a sale on them for $85 is that a good deal or have you seen better?

Also a question for anyone... What is a good air hose to get? Like length and material... Thx

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I paid the same.
Get a decent quality hose. They do sell it along with crap.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I paid the same.
Get a decent quality hose. They do sell it along with crap.
Like a 50ft 3/8 inch soft rubber hose? Sorry this is my first big air compressor...

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I want to say mines stamped Goodyear. Get just enough length you need. 50 is too long.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Depends on what you need. I'm pretty sure I have 50 ft and it helps a lot when the Jeep is in the driveway and the compressor is at the front of the garage.

I really want to get a rollup hose though. I know HF sells one but is it decent?

101 - 120 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.